ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Endorsement of visa on the passport by BIA - how long ??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepakmehtauk

Endorsement of visa on the passport by BIA - how long ??

Post by deepakmehtauk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi guys,
I had applied for my mothers ILR in March 2007.
We received a "Notice of refusal" in Jan 2008.
We appealed against the decision which was heard on 6th March 2008. We won the appeal & received the judges determination on 15th March 2008.
We received a letter from Appeals Implementation Unit, BIA on 23rd April asking for my mothers passport & 4 photographs, which we sent by special delivery on 27th April.

How long does it take BIA to endorse the passport with the visa. Everytime I call them up I get a standard reply "Its under consideration" !!!!!!!!! Its getting very very frustating esp as my mother is terminally ill & needs to travel & come back before her health deteriorates.

I can understand the delay in the decision phase, but they dont have to think now. We have won the appeal & all that BIA has to do now is to stamp the passport with the ILR. Surely it cant take that long.

Anyone can give me a rough estimate ?

Thanks in advance,

Deepak.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:40 pm

It should happen in about six weeks but there are considerable backlogs. It can take months.

I suggest you contact them in writing stating the issue and the importance of her return to the UK. I would suggest you attach some evidence of her dire medical condition to support your point. This might achieve what you want or on the other hand it could do the exact opposite. If your mother's the health issue was not disclosed previously they could state change of circumstances and refuse the visa again!

Assuming you are ok with the above you are still wholly reliant on the goodwill of the issuing caseworker; they generally do not progress or prioritise cases unless directed to do so by a very senior grade or through ministerial involvement.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:17 am

Vinny,
Your link is for overseas' ECO appeals. I believe the OP is being delt with in the UK I think he will be dealing with Leeds or Sheffield process centres.

deepakmehtauk

Post by deepakmehtauk » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Yes it was an incountry application. It was a application for ILR under compassionate grounds as my mother was still not 65 yrs old. It was entirely on her medical diagnosis.

I am hoping that they will send her passport soon.

thanks,

Deepak.

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: Endorsement of visa on the passport by BIA - how long ??

Post by tasha75 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:28 pm

deepakmehtauk wrote: How long does it take BIA to endorse the passport with the visa.
In my case it was about 3.5 weeks, I sent my passport about the same time as you (end of April) and received on the 23 May. I was actually surprised at their speed because on reading this forum it seems that the average wait is 6 week. So you may receive your passports soon.
P.S. It was issued by Leeds office.
Do not live your life in fear.

deepakmehtauk

Post by deepakmehtauk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi tasha75,
thanks for your reply.

Do you rmember if it was the leeds office that dealt with your passport ?

Thanks,

Deepak

tasha75
Member of Standing

Re: Endorsement of visa on the passport by BIA - how long ??

Post by tasha75 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 am

tasha75 wrote: P.S. It was issued by Leeds office.
Do not live your life in fear.