ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU family member with PR can sponsor siblings for family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diamond45
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Non EU family member with PR can sponsor siblings for family permit

Post by diamond45 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:45 pm

Hello.

I’m a non Eu family member with PR. I am new here. Can my brother apply for family permit EU route under my sponsorship to come to UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non EU family member with PR can sponsor siblings for family permit

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:32 am

No he cannot. Only an EU citizen can sponsor someone on the EEA/EU route. You are not an EU citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

diamond45
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by diamond45 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:57 am

Thank you for your response. How about my husband can he sponsor my brother to apply for EU permit to come to UK. Sorry to ask so many questions. This website has a lot of help.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:59 am

diamond45 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:57 am
Thank you for your response. How about my husband can he sponsor my brother to apply for EU permit to come to UK. Sorry to ask so many questions. This website has a lot of help.
As explained in the official guideline page: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... ligibility
Extended family members

You can apply as an extended family member if you’re either:

the unmarried partner of the EEA national and you’re in a lasting relationship with them that’s similar to a marriage or civil partnership

a relative of the EEA national (or of their spouse or civil partner) but you do not qualify as their family member

Relatives include brothers or sisters, aunts or uncles, nephews or nieces and cousins. Relatives can also include grandchildren, parents and grandparents if the EEA national only has the right to reside as a student.

As well as being a relative of the EEA national, one of the following must be true:

before coming to the UK you were dependent on the EEA national, or were a member of the EEA national’s household, and you’re still dependent on them or are still a member of their household

you need the personal care of the EEA national (or of their spouse or civil partner) on serious health grounds
So if your brother is currently dependent on your husband, or is a member of their household (lives in the same house); or needs the personal care of you, or your brother, then your husband could sponsor him.

Keep in mind this refers to genuine financial dependency and/or cohabitation, not sporadic money transfers or visits to the household.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

diamond45
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by diamond45 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:30 pm

Thank you so much for such a good information. God bless you all.