ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permanent Residence Application with a Criminal Record

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eliofernandes
Newly Registered
Portugal

EEA Permanent Residence Application with a Criminal Record

Post by eliofernandes » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:04 pm

hi guys, i have about 10 convictions and i served 12 weeks and 13 weeks for drug abuse criminal damage and theft this was between 2007 and 2009 since then i've been clean for class a drugs i have a job a wife and 3 weeks old baby, i am a bit nervous about my situation do i have any chance to get settlement status or not?

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: EEA Permanent Residence Application with a Criminal Record

Post by NikiGio » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:20 pm

eliofernandes wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:04 pm
hi guys, i have about 10 convictions and i served 12 weeks and 13 weeks for drug abuse criminal damage and theft this was between 2007 and 2009 since then i've been clean for class a drugs i have a job a wife and 3 weeks old baby, i am a bit nervous about my situation do i have any chance to get settlement status or not?
Read the advice given above - your convictions are multiple so they show you were a repeat offender. However, they are not recent & from 10 years ago. Suggest you consult a pro-bono lawyer initially - see last message above for organisations to contact.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

eliofernandes
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by eliofernandes » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:20 pm

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:04 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fa2018
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by fa2018 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:48 am

eliofernandes wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:04 pm
Hey, did you have any further luck with this? I am in the process of applying for EEA PR too with a criminal conviction (14 month sentence).