ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Extension

Post by Yay » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:14 pm

Dear Moderators,

I have been searching the forums to check if a similar post has been submitted but was unable to find a matching query. Apologies in advance if a similar post has already been addressed, if so could you kindly link me to the reply?

My query relates to the renewal of my spouses visa application. He entered the U.K in August 2016, on a student visa. We married in October 2017, which is due to expire in April 2020. We also have a newborn baby and I am currently on maternity leave.

My questions:
When do I need to re-apply for his extension?
What documents do I need to submit?
Do the above documents need to show a specific timeframe? If so, what time frame is this? Is six months from date of renewal sufficient or does it need to be from date of marriage?
Will I need to return to work to show that I am supporting him, similar to the first application event though he is now working and supporting the family?
We currently live with our family and do not have any bills in our name, is this going to be a problem and if so how can we overcome this?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Look forward to your reply.

With kind regards,

Yaz.

Yay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension

Post by Yay » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:16 pm

Apologies, since we got married, we applied for a spouse visa, which is due to expire in April 2020.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:03 pm

1) you can apply for extension after he is on spouse visa for 2 and half year and extension visa application should be before expiry date of current visa

2) Financial documents mostly needed for last 6/12 months period i.e letter from employer to confirm that you are in employment, last 6/12 salary and bank statements depend on under which financial category you are applying

3) Valid tenancy agreement and recent council tax/utility bills need to fulfil the requirement of accommodation

4) Home Office also require evidence that you and your partner have been continuously residing together in the UK over a period of at least 2 years . There are various documents you need to provide to proof the cohabitation requirement. The Home Office will want to see items of official correspondence (e.g. council tax bills, utility bills, bank statements, NHS/DVLA /HMRC documents, birth certificate of your baby etc ). This must be addressed to both you and your partner. Either jointly addressed or items in each of your names

Yay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yay » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Dear ILR1980,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to my post, much appreciated. :-)

Just a few more questions for clarification, please see below after each of your replies:

1) you can apply for extension after he is on spouse visa for 2 and half year and extension visa application should be before expiry date of current visa

He is on a spouse visa already which expires in April 2020, when is it best to apply for extension? A month before, three months before, six months before?

2) Financial documents mostly needed for last 6/12 months period i.
e letter from employer to confirm that you are in employment, last 6/12 salary and bank stantements depend on under which financial category you are applying

How do I determine which financial category I am applying?

3) Valid tenancy agreement and recent council tax/utility bills need to fulfil the requirement of accommodation

How many months of bills do we need to show?

4) Home Office also require evidence that you and your partner have been continuously residing together in the UK over a period of at least 2 years . There are various documents you need to provide to proof the cohabitation requirement. The Home Office will want to see items of official correspondence (e.g. council tax bills, utility bills, bank statements, NHS/DVLA /HMRC documents, birth certificate of your baby etc ). This must be addressed to both you and your partner. Either jointly addressed or items in each of your names

Perfect, I can arrange this.

Many thanks for your assistance once again.

Kind regards,

Yas.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:59 pm

He is on a spouse visa already which expires in April 2020, when is it best to apply for extension? A month before, three months before, six months before?
No sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months on the spouse visa OR before his visa expires.
How do I determine which financial category I am applying?
It depends on whether you are self employed or employed on PAYE etc.
How many months of bills do we need to show?
2 years.

Note also that IHS has doubled and will be £1000 plus whatever the visa fee is when he applies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yay » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:06 am

Dear cR001,

I am employed, in such case, how many months of payslips do I need to show?

Kind regards,

Yas.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 am

Yay wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:06 am
Dear cR001,

I am employed, in such case, how many months of payslips do I need to show?

Kind regards,

Yas.
6 months of payslips if employed with same employer otherwise 12 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Yay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yay » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:47 pm

Thank you for clarifying Seagul.
Kind regards,
Yasmin