ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Application in Zimbabwe

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zimbabwean
Newly Registered

Spouse Application in Zimbabwe

Post by Zimbabwean » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi all

I am planning to go and apply for spouse visa in Zimbabwe,I am planning to go in August so that my application is in before the 1Oct.My question is if i dont get a reply from the embassy before the 1 Oct 2008, will the new overstaying automatic refusal for overstaying apply to me.I am a failed asylum seeker.I claimed asylum after i had overstayed for 5months.

The other question is i already have an in-country application for spouse visa and have not had any response from the home office.I have been married for almost 2yrs now and when I claimed asylum I was not married therefore Article 8 was not applied into my case.I am really dreading to go to Zimbabwe because of the situation there.Will the home office consider my application under Article 8 automatic now that they know i am married and they have all the evidence in my spouse application or do I have to put in a new application under Article 8.

I just want to make sure i have tried everything in country before i go to Zimbabwe as some of you might have seen it on the news the situation is unstable.

Also if anyone knows someone who has gonne to apply and they are back,how long did it take.

Post by 4444 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:34 pm

i think your case will eventually be solved under the case resolution programme(legacy cases). do you know if your case is a legacy case or not.

Zimbabwean
Newly Registered

Post by Zimbabwean » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:58 pm

Not sure if i am on the legacy case but will try to find out.

miles
Newly Registered

Post by miles » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:04 pm

Is your partner going with you???

My wife is Zimbabwean and had overstayed a visitors visa for 3 years when we married. We married in 2003 and went to Zim in 2005 and got the spouse visa in 2 weeks.

I spoke to the High Commission in Harare before we went and many times while we were there. They were very helpfull.