ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 query on Main applicant & dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SS100
Newly Registered

Tier1 query on Main applicant & dependant

Post by SS100 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:34 am

Hi,

Planning to apply for the Tier 1 Visa in 3 months' time.My query is: I will be the main applicant and my husband will be the dependant. We plan to apply together for the main applicant and the dependant.Now, Is it possible to travel to UK Together??
In this case, we intend to stay with my husband's sister in UK.Will that be a problem?

Is it anywhere mentioned that main applicant got to travel and only then the dependant can join him/her...
Pl giude me...I did'nt find an answer to this in the forum..

Regards,
SS

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:17 am

Hi,

All applicants can travel together or for that matter you can travel in any order you wish. Just give reasonable answers to the questions of the immigration officer.

-H

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier1 query on Main applicant & dependant

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:21 am

SS100 wrote:
Now, Is it possible to travel to UK Together??
Absolutely yes!!
SS100 wrote: In this case, we intend to stay with my husband's sister in UK.Will that be a problem?
No, in so far as the leaseholder/tenant sends you a letter addressed to ECO that she is staying is say 2/3 bedroom flat and will be happy to let you &your family's stay for as long as you need to, before you find a place to stay on your own. She also needs to send you the tenancy agreement and (will be better)/ council tax bills etc.

As you and your dependent are travelling for the first time to UK, staying is a hotel/with friends/relatives should be perfectly acceptable, as long as you are able to provide adequate proof for the stay arrangements.

You can find format for the letter to be issued by your relatives on this board somewhere. I read about ppl getting approval by providing letters from their friends etc.
SS100 wrote:Is it anywhere mentioned that main applicant got to travel and only then the dependant can join him/her...
As I have said above, and I know a number of people who did so, the main applicant can travel all alone and then ask his family to join later/ the main applicant and the dependents can travel together. There is a raging debate on whether or not the dependents can travel before the main applicant, although I think they can, I would not touch upon it here.

All the best,

kind regards,

push_hsmp

republique
BANNED

Re: Tier1 query on Main applicant & dependant

Post by republique » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:00 pm

SS100 wrote:Hi,

Planning to apply for the Tier 1 Visa in 3 months' time.My query is: I will be the main applicant and my husband will be the dependant. We plan to apply together for the main applicant and the dependant.Now, Is it possible to travel to UK Together??
In this case, we intend to stay with my husband's sister in UK.Will that be a problem?

Is it anywhere mentioned that main applicant got to travel and only then the dependant can join him/her...

Regards,
SS
If you both have visas, then you both can travel together. I do not recommend that the dependent travel before the main applicant when seeking entry to the UK, that when you have to go through immigration.

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:57 am

My personal suggestion is apply for the main applicant initially, and if you get the approval then apply for your dependents.

Reason:
They charge Rs.51000 for each applicant. In your case your are the main applicant and your hubbie is the dependent, you will have to pay Rs.102000.