ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walldorfian
BANNED

Tier-1 Question

Post by walldorfian » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:23 am

Dear Friends,

I wish to apply for Tier-1 when I am deputed in UK on Tier-2 ( Work Permit).

I have following questions:

a. at the time of applying for tier-1 visa, i would be having the following payslips : 15 months payslip from India ( + bank statement) along with 4 months payslip ( +bank statement) from UK.

what is the better option to claim the earnings point?.

b. moreover, is it better to apply for hsmp in India rather than go thru the above process of applying for tier-1 when in UK?

Rgds, Indian

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Re: Tier-1 Question

Post by hussainkothari » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:42 am

You should submit the documents that would fetch you the most points. In my opinion it would be better to show the UK salary as verification of figures would be easy for them. They can use your work permit details to verify this. I hope you know that there is no pro rata calculations any more.
walldorfian wrote: I have following questions:
a. at the time of applying for tier-1 visa, i would be having the following payslips : 15 months payslip from India ( + bank statement) along with 4 months payslip ( +bank statement) from UK.

what is the better option to claim the earnings point?.
There is no more HSMP from India and UK. You would have to apply for Tier1 from both these countries. Switching from WP to T1 is easier in my view as the maintainance criteria and the fees for dependents are eased out in case you are applying from UK. Also since you are already working on a valid WP they would have less checks to do than otherwise.
walldorfian wrote: b. moreover, is it better to apply for hsmp in India rather than go thru the above process of applying for tier-1 when in UK?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:46 am

walldor, also dont forget that u can only claim points for continuoys 12 months in past 15 months. so be carefull

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:47 am

and also please ensure u check carefully about the upliftment ratio. because in my experience, it doesnt aply in ur case as u r in uk for past 4 months. but please check carefuly before usng it, if u r going to use it

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:52 am

If you apply from within UK, you will be applying for switching into tier-1 (General) from tier-2 (work permit).

As per the tier - 1 policy guidance the only VISA category which allow you to switch into tier-1 are:

Switching is permitted from
applicants who currently hold
leave as:
• as a Highly Skilled Migrant,
• as a Tier 1 (General)
Migrant,
• as an Innovator,
• as a Participant in the Fresh
Talent: Working in Scotland
Scheme,
• as a Participant in the
International Graduates
Scheme (or its predecessor,
the Science and Engineering
Graduates Scheme),
• as a Postgraduate Doctor or
Dentist,
• as a Student,
• as a Student Nurse,
• as a Student Re-Sitting an
Examination,
• as a Student Writing-Up a
Thesis, or
• as a Work Permit Holder. - I am assuming it to be the original work permit as it used to be and not the tier-2 (work permit) or may be I am reading too much into it.

The question is, can someone switch from tier-2 (work permit) to tier-1 (general)?? Someone please educate me on this

chiru1973
Newly Registered

Q related to Tier-1

Post by chiru1973 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Dear Friends,

I have few Q related to Tier-1

1.Previous Earning Proof:-

a)I have salary slips wherein Co. logo is very much printed.Do I still need the co. stamp & signature,as in that case I may require to explain them a lot why I am asking this favor.
b)In the salary slip which one would be counted , net slalary drawn or the gross written on salary slip before deductions due to PF,canteen,IT etc.

2.Experience:- My experience is into manufacturing engineering.Do I have the chance to get the visa as I found mostly doctors & IT guys are getting into UK thru this HSMP/Tier-1 route?

rahsmp

Re: Q related to Tier-1

Post by rahsmp » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:17 pm

answers are inline
-Ra
chiru1973 wrote:Dear Friends,

I have few Q related to Tier-1

1.Previous Earning Proof:-

a)I have salary slips wherein Co. logo is very much printed.Do I still need the co. stamp & signature,as in that case I may require to explain them a lot why I am asking this favor.
If the salary slips are on letter headed paper then you do not need signature and stamp.
Please read the Guidance notes in the following link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

b)In the salary slip which one would be counted , net slalary drawn or the gross written on salary slip before deductions due to PF,canteen,IT etc.

Your Gross salary will be considered

2.Experience:- My experience is into manufacturing engineering.Do I have the chance to get the visa as I found mostly doctors & IT guys are getting into UK thru this HSMP/Tier-1 route?

Tier1 is not dependent on your profession , if you meet the required points then you have chances of getting the visa provided if you supply required supporting documents.