ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Already have 2 Year Visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alicipherd
Newly Registered

Already have 2 Year Visa?

Post by alicipherd » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:24 pm

If one already has two year visa for UK and apply for HSMP will he has to cancel his visa and obtain new one or he can travel on same and stay for longer time? and if hs hasnt got HSMP approval in that case his Visit visa will be cacelled or not?

Reason I am asking is; One of my friend has valid UK visit visa for two year, and intende to apply as HSMP.

Cheers
Ali

zeke

Post by zeke » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:52 pm

Your friend must be very careful to be sure that the kind of visa he has is allowed to apply for HSMP from within the UK.

My recollection is that a visitor visa is not permitted to apply for HSMP from within the UK --but I could be wrong about that.

He should visit the workingintheuk.gov.uk website for more information about this.

Also, he should do a search on this message board on the topic of "visitor visa", "switching", and "in-country switching", and see what comes up.

I realize that my answer doesn't address all of your questions, but I hope it helps.
Be Well!

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:33 am

Hello.
To the best of my knowledge, with a 2 year visiting visa, you are not permitted to work. Also, there is a maximum duration of 180 days for any visit to the UK. In addition, the HSMP guidelines clearly state that you have to apply for the HSMP visa from the country of residence (A visitors visa does not give you country of residence status!)
Apart from this, I am also curious. Will my visitors visa which might extend for longer than the HSMP be cancelled? Or will I have both? :roll:
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

gunjans

Post by gunjans » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:59 am

As for Alagomeji Query........ U can't have two VISA's.

and.... AFAIK a visitor visa holder is not eligible to apply for HSMP in-country.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:40 am

This topic best matches to my case.
I got HSMP approval while having 2 years multiple visit visa on my passport. I have applied for my EC now a couple of days ago, so lets see what happens??

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:02 am

@Mobig

did you apply for EC from pakistan? if yes then you should have not have any problems

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:38 am

yup....i applied from Pakistan :)

bani

Post by bani » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:22 pm

i don't think it's a problem as long as you apply for EC in your home country (because you can't apply in country as a visitor). i had 1 month left on my 6-month visitor visa when i applied for EC (in the philippines), my visitor visa was not cancelled.

alicipherd
Newly Registered

Thanks to all.

Post by alicipherd » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:01 pm

Well, my friend is in Pakistan at the moment he has valid Two year multi visit visa. He was of the view if he apply for HSMP and in case his case isnt approve, in that case will his two year multi visit visa be cancelled or not.

To my knowledge it will not, but he was of the view to have expert advise before he apply for HSMP.

Any way your reply has given some idea about incountry and out etc but still hasnt answer to what I was meant for.

Cheers
Ali

Man of God
Newly Registered

Post by Man of God » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:10 pm

Dear,
This the different question.1st you nderstand that,these are two different matters,your visit visa will not cancelled after refusal of hsmp application.you know better that there is no need to submit passport with your hsmp application in case of out side application,so who will cancel your visit visa.one of my friend got 2 years visit visa after the refusal of his hsmp application,and then also got hsmp approval in 2nd attempt.

bani

Post by bani » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:35 pm

As ManofGod says, the visitor visa will not be cancelled. Your friend won't submit the passport during the application. He will only submit it for the EC to his local consulate after HSMP approval. He won't have to give anyone his passport if his HSMP application is rejected.

hmnjuba
Newly Registered

Please some advice

Post by hmnjuba » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:29 pm

I am currently doing my Masters in Purchasing and logistics at Salford University in Manchester. I have a bachelors degree from Uganda, and a masters degree so this is my second masters.
will be finishing my studies in Sept 2005 but i wanted to apply for the HSMP and work in UK for after my studies.
My students Visa is Valid to January 2006. I have been working at a graduate level job since 1995 until i left in Sept to come and do my masters.
Can some one advice me on what to do next? my email address is hmnjuba@yahoo.com and io dont mind if some one sends me a mail although iam also registered on this forum.
Waiting for your advice and thank you.
Henry.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:57 am

Henry,

I have sent you an e-mail

Checkmate
Where there is a will there is a way.