ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Need help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frequency
Newly Registered

ILR - Need help!

Post by frequency » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi,

Please any seniors can help me with below queries:
I came to UK on 12Dec14 on Tier 2 General visa granted on 04Dec14, visa expiry date 30Nov19.

1) As few days are lesser in total 5 years visa tenure, which date is ideal to apply for ILR as per my understanding can apply 28 days before. Please help with the date 07th Nov 19 or 12-13 Nov 19 to apply for ILR (from where it counts 28 days when visa granted or when landed in UK)?

2) Wife came to UK on Tier 2 ICT main applicant visa from 08 Aug 13 to 24 Jun 16 and after that she changed to Tier 2 Gen dependent from 24 Jun 16 to 30 Nov 19. Which application she needs to fill once I got the ILR?

As she is doing job and her visa is also expire on 30/11/19, her employer will need the document for further continuation of job.

2) I have a child UK born on Dec 2015, having Indian passport and visited once to india, and having Tier 2 dependent visa, is directly eligible to apply for Citizenship or he needs to apply ILR after I received it.

3) Another child UK born on Oct 2018, not having any passport/Visa nor visited outside UK is directly eligible to apply for Citizenship or he needs to apply ILR first.

Please help with the above questions. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Need help!

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 pm

1. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your initial tier 2 general visa START date.

2. She needs to apply for a PBS Dependent visa. It will be a 3 year extension.

3. Once you have ILR, you can register the child as British on form MN1. He does NOT require ILR.

4. Same as other child. UK Born children DON'T need ILR to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

frequency
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Need help!

Post by frequency » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:29 am

Thank you CR001