ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days allowance and "continuous period"

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Forest2thirds
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

28 days allowance and "continuous period"

Post by Forest2thirds » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:42 pm

I am trying to work out exactly when the ILR application can be submitted.

The Immigration Directorate Instructions for Appendix FM says this: "A person who is eligible to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) on a 5-year route, in an application made from 9 July 2012, should apply for indefinite leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed at least 60 months in the UK with such leave." The underlined part does not seem to be based anywhere on the Immigration Rules.

I can see for the Points Based System, Rule 245AAA provides: "(d) The continuous period will be considered as ending on whichever of the following dates is most beneficial to the applicant:(i) the date of application;(ii) the date of decision; or(iii) any date up to 28 days after the date of application".

Is anyone aware of an equivalent provision in the Immigration Rules for Appendix FM?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 28 days allowance and "continuous period"

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Forest2thirds wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:42 pm
I am trying to work out exactly when the ILR application can be submitted.

Thanks.
28 days before completing 60 months/5 years from the date of arriving in UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.