ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British chitizenship - then passport - confused.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mash1
Newly Registered
India

British chitizenship - then passport - confused.

Post by mash1 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi

My wife is applying for British citizenship. Once she has submited her application and documents, and everything is approved, she will need to attend the ceremony and she will become a british citizen.

Does she then need to apply again online for her Britishpassport? Do we need to fill in another form and get the referees to confirm they know her etc?

Is it not possible to do a joint application (citienship and passport) at the same time? I cannot seem to find a form online for this type of application.

My concern is that she is an indian national. So once she gets citizenship she will need to surrender her Indian passport so there will be 6 -8 weeks gap where she won't have any proof or she will need to wait for her passport.

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Re: British chitizenship - then passport - confused.

Post by jgreen6123 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:40 pm

This has been asked at least a dozen times by your fellow Indian friends. People, do at least a tiny bit of research!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British chitizenship - then passport - confused.

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:51 pm

There is no longer an option to do a joint citizenship and passport application. Once she attends her ceremony, if application is approved, then she can apply for a passport using either the online or paper form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.