ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start of 5 year probationary period towards ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prk17
Newly Registered
India

Start of 5 year probationary period towards ILR

Post by prk17 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi,

I am Tier 2 (General) visa holder. I would appreciate information about calculating the start date of the 5 year period for ILR. I have two dates - (1) The date on which my first Tier 2 was approved (Shifted from PSW visa and applied in person) OR (2) The date on my BRP. Since my BRP was posted after my in person application, there is a discrepancy in the date.

My first Tier 2 application was approved in March 2014 for which I have a confirmation letter stating the same but since my BRP came later, it has a date in April 2014. Could you please clarify which of the two will be assumed as the start date for calculating my 5 year period.

Also, any recommendations for any lawyers/advisors who can do a quick document check for my ILR application? I have changed my job once and although my application isn't complicated, I would prefer someone to do a document check for me. I am based in Wales but do not mind anyone doing this online also

Thank you
prk

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Start of 5 year probationary period towards ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:14 am

It is the date of the approval letter. Post your doc list here and members will advise
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

prk17
Newly Registered
India

Post by prk17 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 am

Hi Zimba,

Thank you for your reply. I need only two confirmations regarding my ILR
(1) can I apply in March which is when my application was successful in 2014. (My BRP has April end mentioned) - Can anyone confirm that they have gone by the approval date and got their ILR? Or a source which states this?
(2) are electronic copies of P60 acceptable?

I think my document list covers everything but it is placed below for any further recommendations:

Set (0) form and declaration
Passport old and new
All visas and BRP (student, PSW, three tier 2)
Salary slips - 6 months
Bank statement - 6 months
P60 - past 5 years
Letter from current employer (SOC code, salary and holiday confirmation)
letter from last employer
Life in UK test
UK masters degree as language proof
Driving license
Pentalty paid proof - (I have 3 points)

Additional optional documents to carry-
Company closing document (had my company on PSW visa)
Company - payment clear confirmation from hmrc
Contract from current and previous employer
Marriage certificate
Rental agreement
Baby’s passport

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:07 pm

(1) can I apply in March which is when my application was successful in 2014. (My BRP has April end mentioned) - Can anyone confirm that they have gone by the approval date and got their ILR? Or a source which states this?
Please note that the date on your BRP does NOT reflect your date of grant but it is simply the date the BRP was issued (which could be after your grant) Imagine if your BRP is lost and you get a replacement today, your BRP will have today's date. That date surely does NOT reflect your date of grant, right ? :idea:
(2) are electronic copies of P60 acceptable?
Yes but as far as I know P60 is not required

Your doc list is good. Things like P60s, or driving licence are not required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

prk17
Newly Registered
India

Post by prk17 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:50 am

Hi Zimba,

Thank you for your reply. I had the same thing in my mind but I read conflicting opinion in various forums including this forum (uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/conf ... 57880.html).

I wanted to recheck as surprisingly I could not find this anywhere in the government documentation.

I added P60s on suggestion of friends who recently got their ILRs done. I guess I will carry additional documentation just in case they ask for anything (I will be doing this in person).

Thank you

prk17
Newly Registered
India

Post by prk17 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:23 pm

Just a follow up. Got our ILR based on date mentioned on approval letter.

We did go through a consultation for some other questions we had but thank you for confirming this. The forum has been a great help!