ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tropcroc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Scotland

Various niggling questions on ILR SET M

Post by Tropcroc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi there I have a few questions I would love to get some help with if possible.
Quick background on us is. I am British, wife is Brazillian and we 're currently at the end of our 5 year route. So we are applying for ILR using set M.

1. There is a question about owning the house, now I do and my wife's name is not on it (Just didn't do it, should have) do we newer yes when she is asked? She is on the council tax bill.
2. Other grounds for staying in the UK? I'm guessing no as we don't have kids yet or any compassionate reasons for staying.
3. Evidence of my settled status. I was born and lived here so all I have is my passport.? What else can i do about that?
4. The 6 pieces of joint correspondence to our address, we only have one joint bank account together and council tax bills, I changed the utilities provider and failed to have her name on it. So we have individual letter addressed to us. But how many different companies or institutions do they have to be from, can we say use three joint bank statements and then make the rest up with individual letters addressed to us?
5. There is a question about social or cultural ties with country of birth, when we answer no they ask why not and gives some negative reasons, I'm not even sure what the question is about if I am being honest. Any advice or a better understanding would be great.

I know there us a lot here I have written and it's varied but any help would be greatly appreciated.

rivercam

Re: Various niggling questions on ILR SET M

Post by rivercam » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 pm

1.Say Yes and write husband owns it

2.You can leave it blank if you meet all requirements (or you can write reasons for NO as husband job etc)

3.Your passport copy is enough

4. Put the available joint documents and makeup rest with individual docs (you can include council tax bill also for this purpose and try to spread them for last 2.5 years)

5. Say No and write the only contact is family and friends ( again this irrelevant if you meet all other requirements)

Good luck with application

Tropcroc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Scotland

Re: Various niggling questions on ILR SET M

Post by Tropcroc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am

rivercam wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 pm
1.Say Yes and write husband owns it

2.You can leave it blank if you meet all requirements (or you can write reasons for NO as husband job etc)

3.Your passport copy is enough

4. Put the available joint documents and makeup rest with individual docs (you can include council tax bill also for this purpose and try to spread them for last 2.5 years)

5. Say No and write the only contact is family and friends ( again this irrelevant if you meet all other requirements)

Good luck with application
Thanks very much for the assistance. Very much appreciated.

Tropcroc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Scotland

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live.

Post by Tropcroc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Hiya people,

This is a quick question about evidence of monthly housing costs.

Is this just a send us your mortgage statement or are they looking for all the bills regarding the house we live in? Council tax, utilities, insurance etc? :shock: