ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation of child born outside uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheraz78
Pakistan

Naturalisation of child born outside uk

Post by sheraz78 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Dear Gurus
I got my ILR 3 months ago and my child born in uk has already received her naturalization certificate.
My elder child was born outside uk.
My wife and elder child are still my PBS dependent and by Many 2019 they would complete their 5 years in UK.
My question is:
1) What if I apply for my wife's ILR and not apply my elder child's ILR. once granted wife's ILR then I will directly apply my Elder child's naturalization at a same time when I apply my Naturalization in November 2019.

2) Is it mandatory to apply for my elder child's ILR before applying her registration as British citizen.
3) What if we travel as settled person and our elder child travel outside uk as pbs dependent, any implication?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation of child born outside uk

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:47 pm

1. Children born abroad are expected to be 'free from immigration time restrictions', ie hold ILR. You risk a registration as BC app being refused and the PBS dependent visa being expired, leaving the child with no status in the UK.

2. Usually yes.

3. No issues in traveling as the child has a valid visa, presuming that you applied for ILR based on PBS route and not 10 years long residence.

Note that they can both already apply for ILR as you were already advised in your previous topic that their qualifying time starts counting from date of visa issue and NOT date of entry.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-pbs- ... l#p1724753
CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:21 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:48 pm
sheraz78 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:21 pm
I got my ILR November 2018based upon tier 1 entrepreneur 5 year route
My wife got successfully PBS dependent visa till 2021
She got her entry clearance in feb 2014 and came in uk in may 2014

Question 1.
When can she apply for her ILR, in January 2019 or April 2019. 5 years minus 28 days from the date of entry to UK (May 2014)

Wrong advice. Residence counts from date of first visa start/issue and not date of entry for PBS dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sheraz78
Pakistan

Post by sheraz78 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 pm

You are absolutely right CR001

In fact I am waiting for wife's B1 english test which is booked on 20th of this month.

Also, We had some address issues as I used same address of my aunt for more than 12 years. (since 2004, I left UK for 6 months and then got a new entry clearance in 2010).

Since My spouse came in 2014, she had different address.

I realized last year that we have to provide the cohabitation proof and then I started changing the address and make same address for both of us.

sheraz78
Pakistan

Post by sheraz78 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Also, My elder daughter and spouse has visa validity till Oct 2021.