ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reg entry to UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Serenaded
Newly Registered

Reg entry to UK

Post by Serenaded » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:43 am

Hi,
Please guide us I am new to the forum and I am confused abt certain points.

1. We got our HSMP in feb 2008 and would be leaving to UK by June 20 2008.Would we have any difficulties at the immigration /Journey to UK.
I am hsmp dependent and am going to work for a Uk client from next week(going through hsmp dependent visa and working for Indian IT Company )

2. Due to this gap at the end of second year what implications would we have when submitting FLR?

3. Could u pls provide the link which carries the information on the documents required for submitting an FLR.(My doubt here is now we have the 75 points and after 2 years age qualification would make our points reduced! >30 years)

Can someone put us with some information on these issues..kindly help us

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

hi.

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:05 am

1. We got our HSMP in feb 2008 and would be leaving to UK by June 20 2008.Would we have any difficulties at the immigration /Journey to UK.
I am hsmp dependent and am going to work for a Uk client from next week(going through hsmp dependent visa and working for Indian IT Company )
No, you can leave anytime within 6 months.

2. Due to this gap at the end of second year what implications would we have when submitting FLR?
FLR has not effect on it as long as you have 12 months wages slips, It will effect your ILR. ILR clock starts the time you land in UK. So at the end of 5th year, you will not be eligible for ILR, but you have to submit for FLR again.

3. Could u pls provide the link which carries the information on the documents required for submitting an FLR.(My doubt here is now we have the 75 points and after 2 years age qualification would make our points reduced! >30 years)

You can check your point using point calculator.
www.workpermit.com

Hope it helps

Serenaded
Newly Registered

Post by Serenaded » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply It was helpful
And as said it wil have an effect on ILR Since we would be 3 month less in the five year period.. Just for an information Can u pls lt us now for how many years we need to get the extension done?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Reg entry to UK

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Serenaded wrote: We got our HSMP in feb 2008 and would be leaving to UK by June 20 2008.Would we have any difficulties at the immigration /Journey to UK. I am hsmp dependent and am going to work for a Uk client from next week(going through hsmp dependent visa and working for Indian IT Company )
Hope you (as a dependent) and the main HSMP applicant are travelling together. If not, and the dependent is travelling before the main HSMP applicant, be prepared to be questioned by the Immigration Officer as to the reason of entering UK before main applicant.
Serenaded wrote: Due to this gap at the end of second year what implications would we have when submitting FLR?
As indicated above, one will need to satisfy the prescribed qualifying criteria to gain FLR. As you would already be aware, only the main HSMP applicant can apply for FLR and not the dependent. So the main HSMP applicant needs to establish himself economically in good time so as to fulfil the requirements at the time of extension.
Serenaded wrote: Could u pls provide the link which carries the information on the documents required for submitting an FLR.(My doubt here is now we have the 75 points and after 2 years age qualification would make our points reduced! >30 years)
Please read the Tier 1 policy guidance and the Tier 1 application form. You can also use the Tier 1 self-assessment tool available on the BIA website. BTW, there is no guarantee that the rules will remain the same when your extension is due. But no harm in having a look.

Since you are entering UK after 4 months of a visa being issued, you will have to appply for two extensions before you will be eligible to apply for ILR. Going by the rules currently in effect, you will qualify for ILR only after 5 years of entering UK (and this can change, thanks to the UK govt.). Please note that the ILR clock starts when you enter UK and not when a visa is issued to you.You must not be absent from UK for more than 180 days in total during this 5 yr. period and not more than 90 days at a time. Absences due to official assignments abroad (even if they are more than 90 days) will not be considered "absences or break in residency" if you can provide letters from employer confirming the trips as business / official assignments. Please view Immigration Rules to find more information about Tier 1 extensions and ILR application on basis of Tier 1.

regards