ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees for naturalisation + MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jkcool
Mood:
India

Referees for naturalisation + MN1

Post by jkcool » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi All,

I am going to start naturalisation application. Tier 2 -5 years and 12 months on ILR. I am bit worried about the references. I do not know any person in the professional list. Will any solicitor be ready to act as my referee with out any professional dealings ?

Also for my 2 year old daughter, she goes to nursery 2 days a week. I am not sure if the nursery staff is considered as a professional referee. The document says following.

One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

How do I go about it ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Referees for naturalisation + MN1

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:08 pm

As far as I know, referees should know you personally. So a solicitor who does not fit the criteria will not act as your referee as they will be breaking the law. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:57 pm

Thank you Simba for the reply.
Can the same person be referee for me and my child ?

For the child's application, I found this from one of the reference document.

For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult
applications.

Reference

Relative cannot be a referee. Does it mean directly related ? We have a friend who is a Nurse with NHS. But she is my father's cousin's wife.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:01 pm

I think she should be ok
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kautya

Post by kautya » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 pm

jkcool wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 pm
Hi All,

I am going to start naturalisation application. Tier 2 -5 years and 12 months on ILR. I am bit worried about the references. I do not know any person in the professional list. Will any solicitor be ready to act as my referee with out any professional dealings ?

Also for my 2 year old daughter, she goes to nursery 2 days a week. I am not sure if the nursery staff is considered as a professional referee. The document says following.

One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

How do I go about it ?
The requirement is that the person should have known you for 3 years to qualify as a referee. For the professional reference you can have any manager or senior leadership that you may have worked with for longer, even from your previous employment. Alternatively if any of your friends or family here that have been contracting and are directors of their respective companies etc will do.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 pm

kautya wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:51 pm

The requirement is that the person should have known you for 3 years to qualify as a referee. For the professional reference you can have any manager or senior leadership that you may have worked with for longer, even from your previous employment. Alternatively if any of your friends or family here that have been contracting and are directors of their respective companies etc will do.
Thank you for the reply. I will contact one of my friend who is contracting.Now, I need to get my daughter's reference sorted out.

kautya

Post by kautya » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 pm

jkcool wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:57 pm
Thank you Simba for the reply.
Can the same person be referee for me and my child ?

For the child's application, I found this from one of the reference document.

For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult
applications.

Reference

Relative cannot be a referee. Does it mean directly related ? We have a friend who is a Nurse with NHS. But she is my father's cousin's wife.
Also since she goes to a nursery, cant one of the teachers there be a referee ? As they are the ones who have interacted with her.
They do ask how you know the referee and can carry out checks so your fathers cousins wife could be considered family as they have not specified or defined the term "relative". And this could be classed as falsifying information if you do not truthfully declare it. If you use one of the nursery teachers and if your British referee knows your daughter then the same referee can be used for her as well as you.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:17 am

kautya wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Also since she goes to a nursery, cant one of the teachers there be a referee ? As they are the ones who have interacted with her.
They do ask how you know the referee and can carry out checks so your fathers cousins wife could be considered family as they have not specified or defined the term "relative". And this could be classed as falsifying information if you do not truthfully declare it. If you use one of the nursery teachers and if your British referee knows your daughter then the same referee can be used for her as well as you.
My daughter is 2 years old and I am not sure if her nursery teacher can be a professional reference. How do they check if their designation is on the approval list ?

kautya

Post by kautya » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am

jkcool wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:17 am
kautya wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 pm

My daughter is 2 years old and I am not sure if her nursery teacher can be a professional reference. How do they check if their designation is on the approval list ?
From the guidance notes it sounds like, at the age of your daughter, the only teacher would be from the nursery. On the form, you fill what the referees title is and the UKVI will compare it against their known list. I think there is a list of all professions not sure if that is in guidance notes or elsewhere. Also if they think the referee doesnt satisfy the criteria, they will ask you to provide another referee.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:22 pm

I have emailed nursery to get a letter. Meanwhile, I have another question. The online form makes the passport number mandatory. If the referee does not wish to supply it ?Then , how do you go about it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 am

jkcool wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:22 pm
I have emailed nursery to get a letter. Meanwhile, I have another question. The online form makes the passport number mandatory. If the referee does not wish to supply it ?Then , how do you go about it?
Why do you need a letter from the nursery???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:53 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 am
Why do you need a letter from the nursery???
Sorry it is not the letter. I meant the details for filling up the referee details. Nursery Manager has agreed to be her referee. Is it OK if I give Manager's official address and email id rather than her personal address ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:53 am

Yes it is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:53 am

I am finalising the application and have few more questions.

1. Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013?
I have answered it as 'Yes' because I had my ILR done in Feb 2018. Is it because of that I have NOT been asked to upload evidence of English language.
2.In the check list - Evidence of identity
I says, I have to use the same ID that I used for LITUK test. I have used my driving license and passport. So that means I have to upload Diriving license too ?

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:11 pm

I got this serious concern about my daughter's professional reference ( Nursery Manager). My daugter is 2.6 years old. The reference section says "know or have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years"

Will the referee declaration in the generated forms will have the 3 year clause ?

The MN1 paper form and the guide does not mention the 3 year condition for children.

A reply would be helpful.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:54 am

For Online Naturalisation application, what is the date of application ? Date of online payment of fees ?

I was out of the country from 5 March 2014 -10 March 2014. If I take UKVAS appointment between 5 March 2019 -10 March 2019 will that be a problem ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:03 am

jkcool wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:54 am
For Online Naturalisation application, what is the date of application ? Date of online payment of fees ?

I was out of the country from 5 March 2014 -10 March 2014. If I take UKVAS appointment between 5 March 2019 -10 March 2019 will that be a problem ?
Date of application is the date of online submission and payment and not your UKCVAS appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 am

Thank you CR001 !

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:59 pm

I just submitted the application ( Naturalisation for myself and registration for my daughter). My wife is going to remain on ILR.

During the "Mandatory Documents" section of application. The check list mentions about a Consent form from the parents of the Child. I was expecting a pre-formatted consent form. But it did not give me any form. Is it OK to type up own ?

This post says that I will be able to download it. That's why I was wondering.
british-citizenship/mn1-documents-proof ... l#p1733941