ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long to extend work permit & visa (FLR)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beyogish
Newly Registered

How long to extend work permit & visa (FLR)

Post by beyogish » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi,

I have applied for my work permit extension around 3-5 May 2008 & also submitted my passport for visa extension around 21st May 2008 through our company solicitor. I need to travel back by end of July 2008. I am not able to find out the time required to extend by the home office.

Can anyone who has done this recently let me know what is the approximate time to get passport back from the home office ?

Regards
B

jilly cooper

Post by jilly cooper » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:00 pm

The HO is considering application that they received on 15 May 2008. Yours should be within a forthnight. The waiting time is between 4-9 weeks.

beyogish
Newly Registered

Post by beyogish » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Thank you very much. But, how do I know the dates of the applications that are being processed by the home office ?

And how long will the HO take to extend the visa after work permit extension is approved.

And, So, Can I be sure that I will get back my passport by the 3rd week of July so that I can make my travel plans @ the end of July.

Thanks again