ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and English Requirement SELT expired

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chiligee
Newly Registered
Kenya

Naturalisation and English Requirement SELT expired

Post by Chiligee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:01 pm

Hello,
on 18 Feb 2019, I obtained ILR using expired IELTS SELT General training. I sat for my IELTS in March 2013 when I first applied for a spouse visa to join my British citizen husband.

The IELTS form states it expires after 2 years ie March 2015.

In the end of 2015, I applied for further leave to remain as a spouse using the same IELTS cert.

And now recently, in Dec 2018 application, I applied for ILR using the same IELTS cert, on the basis that The English test result would be accepted under paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE as it had been accepted as part of a successful previous application.

I obtained ILR on 18 Feb 2019.

My question is, can I still use the same IELTS SELT test certificate for my naturalisation application? Or do I have to separately take a Trinity exame or new IELTS?

I could find concise information for ILR and expired IELTS SELT cert but not for naturalisation.

I appreciate you taking time to read on my query. Thank you.

Chiligee
Newly Registered
Kenya

Re: Naturalisation and English Requirement SELT expired

Post by Chiligee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:11 am

I found my answer on HO website. I dont need to sit for another exam.

for those looking

Approved English language qualifications
You can prove your knowledge of English by having a recognised English test qualification from an approved test centre.

You need to have a certificate to prove you have the qualification, or be able to view your results online.

You can only use English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualifications if they’re on the list. You cannot use other qualifications, for example GCSEs, A levels or National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter