ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: I have wrongly applied my UK born child an ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fernando_c_l
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

URGENT: I have wrongly applied my UK born child an ILR

Post by fernando_c_l » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:43 pm

Hi all,

I need your urgent advise ASAP. I have lodged online ILR application for me, my wife and my daughter - and have paid the cost for 3 applicants. My daughter was born in the UK, 2015, and at the moment under Tier-2 dependent visa. My appointment with UKVCA is 22 Feb, 2 days from now.

I was not aware at the time of applying the application, that any child who was born in the UK is entitled for British citizenship providing one of the parents settled in the UK (clause 1(3)).

My question, how do I change my application by excluding my daughter as she will be automatically entitled for citizenship once we get the ILR? And how do I get a full refund of my daughter's application that I have paid?

Your responses are highly appreciated.

aben
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT: I have wrongly applied my UK born child an ILR

Post by aben » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:05 pm

did you speak to UK Visas and Immigration? or withdrawing your child's application?

fernando_c_l
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT: I have wrongly applied my UK born child an ILR

Post by fernando_c_l » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Just want to share the good news. I have made initiative to write a letter to UKVI explaining my situation and attach that along with my online application in UKVCA.

Friday (22 Feb): Afternoon, made face to face appointment with UKVCA, took the biometric for me and family (wife + daughter). Explaining the situation, but UKVCA couldn't give any advise as they didn't have any authority for that. But they encouragde to scan the letter and made a phone call to UKVI ASAP. I was impressed with their good service (in Croydon). In total it took me around 2 hours for waiting time + BRP picture of 3 applicants. It was a free fee appointment.

Saturday (23 Feb): Morning, received an email that my and my wife's ILR visa have been granted. UKVI understood my situation and excluded my daughter's application (although the picture has been taken in the UKVCA). Full refund will be provided. For info, I applied through Super Priority service.

Hope my experience could be useful for the others.