ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying LTR

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Giri

Applying LTR

Post by Giri » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:56 pm

Hello,

I have lived in Ireland for the past 5 years and thinking of applying LTR and citizenship. But I have got job seekers benefits for 6 months after 4 years but again working now.
Will that affect my LTR or naturalisation ?

:(

bormotello
Newly Registered

Re: Applying LTR

Post by bormotello » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:42 am

Giri wrote:Hello,

I have lived in Ireland for the past 5 years and thinking of applying LTR and citizenship. But I have got job seekers benefits for 6 months after 4 years but again working now.
Will that affect my LTR or naturalisation ?

:(
You can apply for citizenship when you will have 3 years without state benefits.
Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform wrote: general policy that applicants for naturalisation, other than refugees, programme refugees or stateless persons, should have been supporting themselves and their families without recourse to State support for a three-year period prior to applying for naturalisation, and that, furthermore, they can show, as far as is practicable, that they have the capacity of supporting themselves into the future.
I not sure about LTR, haven’t seen anything related to this

Giri

Post by Giri » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:24 pm

Hello,

Where did u get this statement? I couldn't trace anywhere.

Thanks