ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I made a mistake on my application, would it be rejected?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Greenshoot
Newly Registered
Thailand

I made a mistake on my application, would it be rejected?

Post by Greenshoot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Hello,

I just found out I have made a mistake on my application.
I gave a wrong month that my second BRP (of 5 year route) was issued (it’s optional on application to provide this information) I didn’t remember it and ofcourse no longer have that card ( I know i should have just leave it blank! But stupidly..) I filled in as in ‘June’ instead of ‘April’( which I just found my old copy)

Would this cause my application to be rejected? I can’t go back to correct it anymore but is there any ways to solve this issue? I am going to apply via new system UKVCAS but haven’t booked an appointment yet, would their staff be able to help?

Thanks ,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: I made a mistake on my application, would it be rejected?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:16 pm

Which username do you wish to keep???

It is unfair to all the members on the forum who offer their time for free to post identical topics/posts, within minutes of each other, under two different usernames!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Greenshoot
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Greenshoot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm

This one please.
Sorry about that, as I couldn’t log in earlier.

Greenshoot
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Greenshoot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:16 pm
Which username do you wish to keep???

It is unfair to all the members on the forum who offer their time for free to post identical topics/posts, within minutes of each other, under two different usernames!!!
This one please, sorry anout that. i didn’t mean to do this but I couldn’t log in earlier , been asking for a link to reset my password but recieved none.

kautya

Post by kautya » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:10 pm

Check the following thread, this has already been discussed.
british-citizenship/may-have-made-mista ... 74496.html

The point of a forum is to search through threads with experiences from other individuals and raise a query when you cant find a similar thread. Otherwise we'll just end up with 100's of "mistake on application" threads from different posters on the landing page.

Greenshoot
Newly Registered
Thailand

Post by Greenshoot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:13 pm

kautya wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:10 pm

The point of a forum is to search through threads with experiences from other individuals and raise a query when you cant find a similar thread. Otherwise we'll just end up with 100's of "mistake on application" threads from different posters on the landing page.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:40 am

kautya wrote:

Not for you to moderate the forum either, but thank you.

The ops question on the mistake is very different to the link you have posted, which will be locked soon anyway as has gone a bit off topic.

Kindly also refresh yourself with the forum rules, specifically point 12 in the FAQs link below about users tagging onto other topics which "might" be "similar".

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kautya

Post by kautya » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:40 am
kautya wrote:

Not for you to moderate the forum either, but thank you.

The ops question on the mistake is very different to the link you have posted, which will be locked soon anyway as has gone a bit off topic.

Kindly also refresh yourself with the forum rules, specifically point 12 in the FAQs link below about users tagging onto other topics which "might" be "similar".

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Understood. But I made a suggestion not moderated. Also rule 12 states posting of questions to other threads and I suggested for the OP to search the forum before posting not posting in the same thread. Agree that OP's question is different but there are recent threads to that effect as well.