ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa & Work Permits

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kascella
Newly Registered

Student Visa & Work Permits

Post by Kascella » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:45 am

I initially came to Holland to be with my then boyfriend (now husband) but on a student visa since I wanted to finish school too. The uni I attended/attend could get all the paperwork done within a time frame that was much faster than we could have. Now that we are married, I have put in the necessary paperwork to become a permanent resident via dutch native spouse. But in the meantime, how am I able to work being on a student visa? I was told the only thing a student can do is go and obtain a "holiday visa," but that only allows me to work 10 hours a week. Is it possible to get a regular work permit on a student visa? Or will they not allow me to do that until the switch is completed with the IND?

gani999

Post by gani999 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Being on a student visa only enables you to work part time for a few hours a week. It will not be possible for you to get a work permit on a student visa. It is probably better for you to wait for your permanent RP before trying to look for work.

hope this helps