ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR documents on ET visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

princesh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR documents on ET visa

Post by princesh » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Hi,

I switched from T2 General to T1 Exceptional Talent visa and got my ET visa on the 13th Feb 2019. I have been working on T2 visa for over than 3 years so I qualify to ILR immediately.

Now, in my ILR application, I need to show that I earned money on ET visa in my field. I run my own company and it is in the field. I asked my accountant to add me to the payroll to create a payslip by the end of this Feb.

My questions - 1) Is ONE payslip enough as evidence of earning money?
I will also provide my personal bank statement to show that my company has paid me a salary. 2) Is ONE payment (salary) of one month (13 Feb - 28 Feb 2019) enough as evidence?

I checked the guidelines and there's no condition on the length of employment or the amount of money but the listed evidence can be payslips (plural with s) and/or bank statements (again plural with s).

Some could advise waiting for another month or two to be on the safe side. I prefer not, the reason is I have a speeding court and I expect disqualification of the driving license which is considered as a conviction/offence that might lead to the refusal of my ILR. So I'd like to apply to ILR (premium) before attending the court.

If anyone applied to ILR immeditely after getting ET visa, please let us know.

Osevlyn
Newly Registered
Bahrain

Re: ILR documents on ET visa

Post by Osevlyn » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:20 am

You won’t wualify for ILR until your total PBS years is 5 or you spend 3yrs on ET. Out of curiosity, when did you apply for your ET visa?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:49 am

Osevlyn wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:20 am
You won’t wualify for ILR until your total PBS years is 5 or you spend 3yrs on ET. Out of curiosity, when did you apply for your ET visa?
That is not correct as the time spent under Tier 2 counts under Tier 1 ET visa for ILR.

You better supply at least 3 months of payslips and bank statements. Also if you have a court hearing, your ILR application may be held until the court gives its verdict. :!: Speeding court cases in in general will not affect your ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

princesh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for ILR but dependants stay on visa

Post by princesh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR but my wife and son are dependants on my current Exceptional Talent visa. When I get my ILR, does their visa stay valid?

They need to travel so they would like to apply for ILR after they come back to keep their passports with them (my wife has been in the UK for more than 5 years and my son was born in the UK so they are good ILR-wise).

princesh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by princesh » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:15 pm

Thanks Zimba,

Where can I found further up-to-date information about the effect of speeding court/disqualification on ILR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:47 pm

DO NOT start new posts on your ILR application. Ask all your questions here :!:
princesh wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:15 pm
Thanks Zimba,

Where can I found further up-to-date information about the effect of speeding court/disqualification on ILR?
Immigration rules stats that only conviction recorded on your criminal record will affect ILR. Having a criminal conviction is not the same thing as having a criminal record. A criminal record is a conviction for what is known as a ‘recordable offence’ and a recordable offence generally means something that could result in the imposition of a prison sentence if found guilty. In most cases, fines/points issued for speeding in the court do not affect ILR because these offences are not recordable
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for ILR but dependants stay on visa

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:52 pm

princesh wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:08 pm
Hi,

I am applying for ILR but my wife and son are dependants on my current Exceptional Talent visa. When I get my ILR, does their visa stay valid?

They need to travel so they would like to apply for ILR after they come back to keep their passports with them (my wife has been in the UK for more than 5 years and my son was born in the UK so they are good ILR-wise).
Their visas remain valid until expiry date.
Your wife can apply for ILR if she has 5 years under PBS dependant.
Your son will be entitled to be registered as British directly once you get ILR (no need for ILR)

yyang
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yyang » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Hello:

Can you let us know how many months of payslip did you use? did one month work in this case?

princesh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by princesh » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi Yyang,

I waited and used 3 months payslips.