ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paid leave absence evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irwin
Newly Registered
India

Paid leave absence evidence

Post by irwin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 am

Hello all,

I am applying for my ILR via the 5 yr Tier 2 route. I changed my employer in January and not left the UK in the new job. However, I did leave the UK with the previous employer (which was well within the 180 days/yr.)

My question is do I still have to beg my previous employer to provide me a letter stating I was absent on paid leave when I was with them? I really dont want to do that as I have left the previous job and they are not obliged to provide me anything as I dont work for them anymore. Also why would they certify where I was when they really dont record if I go abroad or remain in the UK. All they record is how much paid leave I have used.

What other options have I got? All my leave outside UK are stamped on my pp and I have flight tickets. Is that generally sufficient as evidence?

Any answers much appreciated,
Kind Regards,
Irwin