ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INdef leave to remain Portuguese Citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Janeb
Newly Registered
England

INdef leave to remain Portuguese Citizen

Post by Janeb » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi I all need your help and advice! My now husband needed a visa to enter the country way back in 1989, we married in Aug 1989 and early 1990 he was given indef leave to remain ,, I have the original home office ref number that was given but the indef leave to remain document was stolen in the early 1990’s when our home was broken into... my question is Who do I contact about documentation !? And will they still be using the same ref numbers ? He is a Portuguese Citizen and I am a British Citizen ... any help would be grateful .. many thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: INdef leave to remain Portuguese Citizen

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 am

Also see this post and the whole thread on how long the Home Office retain their records.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Janeb
Newly Registered
England

Post by Janeb » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Many thanks so I take it not looking too good 😲😲 what do I need to do at the moment ??

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:16 am

Apply for settled status after March? With his NI records the HO will be able to establish his status without difficalies, I assume.