ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English req.: should BE degree's duration be exactly 4 yrs?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

English req.: should BE degree's duration be exactly 4 yrs?

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:04 am

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this is a duplicated query, but I couldn't find the specific information on this forum.

For applying for Tier 1 Visa from India, I am using my BE (Bachelor of Engineering) degree from Gujarat University.
While claiming points for English language requirements with a BE degree, it is mandatory that the degree's duration must be exactly four years? Can the duration of that degree be 3 year and 8 months?

As an additional fact the BIA points calculator recognizes this degree as to fulfill the English Language requirement (even if its duration is marked as "three years or less than four")

I am asking this because I read somewhere in this forum that some one's (Tier 1 or) HSMP application got rejected because of the fact that his BE degree was only 3 years 9 months and not exactly four years long. (However, I am unable to search the post). Hence his english language requirements were not fulfilled.

Are there any successful Tier 1 applicants form India who have applied with a BE degree which has duration (slightly) less than 4 years?

I am getting a bit paranoid, because Tier 1 applications are getting rejected in India for simple and stupid reasons (bcos caseworkers go strictly by the book).

Thanks for any reply in advance!!

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:22 pm

bump :D

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:36 pm

A 4yr degree doesn't necessarily mean that the duration of the course has to be exactly 365.25 * 4 days, not a day more and not a day less !! No need to worry if your final exams got over after 3 years, 10 months and and 24 days of starting the course. :wink:.

As you have already checked in the self-assessment tool that your qualification is listed (for both qualification points and english language), there's no reason for you to worry.

regards

rahmatullah

Post by rahmatullah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Similar situation, a 4 year old degree (listed on point based calculator) got over in 3 years and 10 months or so. When i submit the Point based calculator report, should I put 3 years less than 4 years or 4 years and less then 5 years?

Thank you

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Put both and see if you score points. If you do, then leave it at that and submit your application.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

rahmatullah

Post by rahmatullah » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Thank you mulderpf. I have put both (3 to 4 and 4 to 5)and points show up as 30 for each. Now should i put 3 to 4 or 4 to 5? Thank you.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Doesn't matter, you don't submit your application via the points calculator. Put the actual dates in the application form.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

T90

Post by T90 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 am

BE degree 'should' be 4yrs, don't worry put it as 3-4 years.. thats what i have done