ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have no BRP to apply Settlement - please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thuynhuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

I have no BRP to apply Settlement - please help

Post by thuynhuk » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Dear all,

I am so worried right now. I am non-EEA. I had my Residence Card of EEA family member in 2014 and it will expire in April 2019. I wanted to apply for Settlement Status but unfortunately only now I realise that I never had BRP. As far as I remember, I have not been asked by HO to get it done ever since I received my RC.

Now I am super worried that I wont be able to apply for Settlement Status. Can you please advise me what I should do in my case?

1/ should I wait until the scheme is fully open, and hopefully they will accept other way of application rather than the app?
2/ should I now apply for PRC, and then get BRP to apply for SS later?
3/ or should I contact HO to ask them about BRP of my current RC at the moment?

please someone who understands my case to advise. many thanks

vinny

Re: I have no BRP to apply Settlement - please help

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Don't worry. EEA Residence documents are not compulsory for family members under the EEA regulations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thuynhuk
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by thuynhuk » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:09 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:03 pm
Don't worry. EEA Residence documents are not compulsory for family members under the EEA regulations.
thank you for your answer. I still dont understand. Could you be so kind to explain more? :( many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:36 pm

You should be able to apply without a BRP.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:19 pm

thuynhuk wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:46 pm
1/ should I wait until the scheme is fully open, and hopefully they will accept other way of application rather than the app?
Yes, this is exactly how it works. Not "hopefully" but definitely, you will be able to apply without a BRC ot BRP after March 29th.
2/ should I now apply for PRC, and then get BRP to apply for SS later?
Not much added value here, since it will take about a month for your BRC to reach you.
3/ or should I contact HO to ask them about BRP of my current RC at the moment?
Same as above.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:55 am

thuynhuk wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:46 pm
I am so worried right now. I am non-EEA. I had my Residence Card of EEA family member in 2014 and it will expire in April 2019. I wanted to apply for Settlement Status but unfortunately only now I realise that I never had BRP. As far as I remember, I have not been asked by HO to get it done ever since I received my RC.
There is no reason for you to have a BRP. A residence card is the document you should be using, not a BRP.

A BRP would only be relevant for someone who has already been granted the ordinary ILR, which normally expires after two years of not residing in the UK, and wants to upgrade to ILR under the settlement scheme, which only expires after 5 years continuous *absence* from the UK. (Visits to the UK don't protect ordinary ILR; they will protect ILR granted under the EU settlement scheme.)