ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Caution and fixed penalty

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maanav
Newly Registered
India

Caution and fixed penalty

Post by Maanav » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 pm

Hi.

I am going to apply for tier 2 visa extension tomorrow.

3 months ago, I recieved a caution letter from council stating that they got an evidence linking some garbage to me as one of my letters was found in garbage.

Actually it was my wife who unknowingly and due to lack of awareness, kept 1 bag near waste bin. We answered to the questions asked on caution and talked to council officers explaining that we are new to UK and were not aware of this. They were happy with this and our sincere apology. So, they said that we will only either get a warning or a small penalty but there wont be any further steps to be taken because of this genuine mistake
After 2 days, a fixed penalty notice of 50 pounds came on my wife name as we disclose in the cuation questionnaire that it was my wife and not me. We paid the penalty next day of receiving letter.
This story ended here.

Now while applying for visa extension, i mentioned about fixed penalty notice which wife got. However, my question is do I need to mention about caution too because technically it was cuation and had questionnaires, and then this caution got converted to fixed penalty... Please advise

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Caution and fixed penalty

Post by gag285 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:27 am

You are overthinking this. If you have mentioned the penalty that should suffice. Good luck