ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What type of leave can be counted towards ILR long residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Register again
Newly Registered

What type of leave can be counted towards ILR long residence

Post by Register again » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:15 am

Dear Seniors and Mods,
Happy new year.

I have had quite a handful of people ask me this question which also applies to myself infact . I have referred a few to this site to make enquiries directly but I keep getting the same question back even though I dont know myself hence my raising it here.

Please can you advice on what type or categories of leave counts towards long residence?
For instance, please see timeline scenario below:
Granted student Visa Sept 2009
Granted post study 2011
At the end of post study , applied for leave citing compassionate circumstances using the (FLR(O) form. Application refused 2013 but with full rights of appeal. Employer checks carried out during this time always confirmed work allowed.
Appeal successful and initial FLR(O) 2.5 years granted in 2014.

Renewed FLRO) leave using HRO form which was granted 2017 and valid till Feb 2020.

Last letter that accompanied renewal leave granted in 2017 says will need to complete 10 years or 120 months( which seems like the standard letter that accompanies most of these type of leave I.e FLR, apologies if am wrong though). However as 10 year anniversary will be in Sept 2019 is it safe to apply for long residence around that time? If yes, when exactly can an application be submitted to HO?

I have seen a lot of info pointing to the direction of clocks being reset to zero or having to complete 10 years irrespective of past years acquiring lawfully and just not sure if it applies in a scenario such as above. Advice very appreciated and welcome. TIA

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: What type of leave can be counted towards ILR long residence

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:24 pm

Any lawful stay in the UK counts towards the long residence. You can apply for ILR after 28 days from completing your 10 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Register again
Newly Registered

Re: What type of leave can be counted towards ILR long residence

Post by Register again » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:25 pm

Thank Zimba, really appreciate your response.