ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit urgent help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ims780
Newly Registered

Work permit urgent help

Post by ims780 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:15 am

I am currently on Fresh talent working visa and working in scotland as software engineer. As i am working with this firm from the day i got my FTI Visa but my visa is due to expire on 10th of july.

As my visa is due to expire soon the employer had filed application for work permit in the second week of may as i could not recollect exact date to be more specific.But till now i have not received any information from the home office regarding my application status. I also had looked at home office website but the information available is not upto date.

As i am just running out of time and my visa is due to expire soon i don't know what to do ?. Do you i need to call home office and find out what is going on ?

Can anybody please help and guide me :(

I look forward to your suggestions.

netacct

Post by netacct » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:12 am

In case you don't receive your WP before time, I suggest you do the following just 3/4 days before you visa expires

1. Fill the whatever form is required for WP visa
2. Write a cover letter with all the details re company, when they applied and ref etc...check with compay
3. Just send application with passport to HO

Even if your visa expires, you are covered as your WP is with HO.
My friend did the same and he got visa even without WP and he is working happily now.