ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

!!URGENT PLZ !! change of employer in a different industry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adityansingh
Newly Registered

!!URGENT PLZ !! change of employer in a different industry

Post by adityansingh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:52 pm

dear experts

i have been working in one indutry since last 3-4 years on a tier 2 general , now i want to move to a new company in a completely different industry and in a different job role based on my past experience ?

is that allowed ? just to clarify an example - i had a degree in IT but got a job( with tier 2 sponsorship) in marketing hospitality and now after 4 years want to go back to an IT job in an IT company ?
I understand i have to go for an experienced salary , which is OK -- but am i allowed to switch industries ??

ITS very urgent kindly answer

adityansingh
Newly Registered

Re: !!URGENT PLZ !! change of employer in a different industry

Post by adityansingh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:10 pm

masters -- please help

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:08 pm

adityansingh wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:52 pm
dear experts

i have been working in one indutry since last 3-4 years on a tier 2 general , now i want to move to a new company in a completely different industry and in a different job role based on my past experience ?

is that allowed ? just to clarify an example - i had a degree in IT but got a job( with tier 2 sponsorship) in marketing hospitality and now after 4 years want to go back to an IT job in an IT company ?
I understand i have to go for an experienced salary , which is OK -- but am i allowed to switch industries ??

ITS very urgent kindly answer
I believe you can, as long as RMLT is done properly.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:17 am

You can freely move from any industry and any role as long as you meet the requirements for the new role as per the SOC and that the RLMT (if required) is undertaken.

Please be aware that the salary will have to meet the experienced rate as that is dictated by the fact that the COS that would need to be issued would be for period beyond three years and a month under Tier 2.

adityansingh
Newly Registered

Post by adityansingh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 am

Thank you Sirs :)