ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passports and time spent in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Online Application form query - British Citizen

Post by l3chiffre » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 am

Hi all,

I am completing the online form and have come acroos the following questions and would appreciate your input.

1. Is your partner a Naturased Citizen?

I am not sure what the correct answer here is, my partner is a British citizen, She was born here, but i understand naturalisation could mean an adult changing their nationality? is this the same thing? in other words she did not naturalise, but is a natural citizen. Am i over thinking this?

2. I meet the requirement as spouse of a British citizen so i am applying under residence requirements for 3 years. Question is, Do I need to provide copies of all my 3 passports or just the ones that cover the past 3 years? I have three passports, 2 have expired with a long history of travels in & out of the UK. Anyone know much far back i need to go or if i need to provide copies of all my passports?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Online Application form query - British Citizen

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:58 am

1. Answer "No"
2. Provide all passports (expired and current) showing stamps/visas in/out, covering the period.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Post by l3chiffre » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:14 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:58 am
1. Answer "No"
2. Provide all passports (expired and current) showing stamps/visas in/out, covering the period.
Thanks for the quick reply alterhase58.

On response 2, do you mean covering the periods of the 3 years or covering all the periods i have travveled out of the country. In the online form, Do i also have to include all the trips i have made out of the UK cover all my passports or juts the trips covering the 3 year periods?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:46 am

The period of three years needs to be covered, i.e. all trips. The passports with stamps are proving your residence.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Post by l3chiffre » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:13 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:46 am
The period of three years needs to be covered, i.e. all trips. The passports with stamps are proving your residence.
Thanks, appreciated.

One last question.

Under Details of your trips outside the UK. In the online form, Do i have to inlcude all my trips over the years spanning 10 years, or do i just have to include the trips over the past 3 years. I well over 20 trips with stamps in & out of the UK over the past 10 years. I don't want to include too much information if it is not neccesay.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Not sure why it asks for 10 years history - it should just be for the trips within the 3 years, or 5 years route.

l3chiffre
Cameroon

Passports and time spent in the UK

Post by l3chiffre » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:41 am

Hi all,

I am about to complete the online application form and would need some clarification regarding the time spent in the UK and passports. A bit of background:

1 have three passports, two expired and one current. The original one with validity period from 2003 to 2011 has my original stamp of entry into the UK.

The second expired passport valied from (2011 to 2016) and my current passport valied from 2016 to 2021 covers my 3 years in the UK requirement. Question: As the spouse of a British citizen, do i upload copies showing i was present in the UK for the past three years (including travels in-out of the UK) or should i scan all my three passparts covering my first entry in the UK.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passports and time spent in the UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:53 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.