ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange strange UK job market

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tral_hsmp

Strange strange UK job market

Post by tral_hsmp » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:33 am

Hi All

I was looking for job from last four months, gave two interviews, selected for none. Now will you guys believe that I got my first contract(though only for three months) in UK without any interview, selection was based on online technical test from home.

Another story, I was shortlisted for another opening some two weeks back and then told to give two online tests. I was able to clear the tests. What next, a lady called from the company and had a quick chat with me for less than five minutes and told that four candidates cleared the test and out of four only three will come for an interview, guess who was the one not to go for interview, it was me.

The market here is really strange and full of surprises. Also got an interview scheduled for Monday in technologies I have never worked in. When the consultant called me, I said him that I don't have any expereince in these technologies, just got training four years ago, he said no issues, I will forward your CV and then next day he said they are ready to interview me.

I don't know now whether to go for that interview or not, but that is for a permanent position.

What do you guys think, shall I go for the interview or not. Please suggest.

netacct

Post by netacct » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:33 am

Welcome to UK IT Market :lol:

adils

Re: Strange strange UK job market

Post by adils » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:13 pm

tral_hsmp wrote:Hi All

I was looking for job from last four months, gave two interviews, selected for none. Now will you guys believe that I got my first contract(though only for three months) in UK without any interview, selection was based on online technical test from home.

Another story, I was shortlisted for another opening some two weeks back and then told to give two online tests. I was able to clear the tests. What next, a lady called from the company and had a quick chat with me for less than five minutes and told that four candidates cleared the test and out of four only three will come for an interview, guess who was the one not to go for interview, it was me.

The market here is really strange and full of surprises. Also got an interview scheduled for Monday in technologies I have never worked in. When the consultant called me, I said him that I don't have any expereince in these technologies, just got training four years ago, he said no issues, I will forward your CV and then next day he said they are ready to interview me.

I don't know now whether to go for that interview or not, but that is for a permanent position.

What do you guys think, shall I go for the interview or not. Please suggest.
Tral_hsmp,
Attend that Interview first, whatever happens, happens......thats it.

netacct

Post by netacct » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:25 pm

The only thing which really sucks is the cost of traveling and the process...
but unfortunately you can not do anything ...so just keep trying and you will learn from the process automatically.