ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the deadline of sending documents to Sheffield?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

What is the deadline of sending documents to Sheffield?

Post by SeanYX » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Dear all,

I am very very panic now... Here is my story...May be a bit long but I really need some help.

I completely misunderstand the clause of who does not need TB test when applying for dependent visa for my family. It is said "You will not need a TB test if any of the following apply: you’re a returning UK resident and have not been away for more than 2 years".
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

I didn't know "Returning UK resident" is a special term meaning people with UK permanent residence. So, my family did not take TB test as I thought they are UK resident. (They were lived with me in the UK under Tier 2 dependent Visa but left the UK in February 2018 for child birth)

By GOV.UK definition "You’re automatically resident if either: 1. you spent 183 or more days in the UK in the tax year
2. your only home was in the UK - you must have owned, rented or lived in it for at least 91 days in total - and you spent at least 30 days there in the tax year."
https://www.gov.uk/tax-foreign-income/residence

Anyway, I've been corrected by friend and later called the UKVI and confirmed I was wrong after the passport and biometric data submission.

I've contacted UKVI immediately after I knew the TB test is needed to quest their passport back so I can get the TB done but the staff told me it will take up to 15 working day from the request to have the passport back. They do confirm this will not withdraw the application, which is a good thing though.

I am still holding all the other support documents with me at the moment. They suggest me try o submit all the documents together without adding anything later as UKVI may not accept the document supplied later.

Today is the 5th working day since the biometric data submission. I don't know how much longer I have to submit the documents. Neither GOV.UK or VFS Global mentioned about what is the maximum time limit of sending documents to Sheffield (VFS China website says "as soon as possible" and "failure to follow this instruction will delay your application" https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/cn/en/vacs/ ... -documents).

I've called UKVI they say they don't know and ask me to contact local VFS service. I've also sent an email to VFS Global and the staff said she will ask her colleague and come back to me - still no reply yet.

I'm wondering if anyone know this or have faced something similar?

The visa application fee is a fortunate and I really don't want to be rejected.

Much much appreciated for any advice.

Best regards,
Sean

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

Re: What is the deadline of sending documents to Sheffield?

Post by SeanYX » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Anyone please?

Rockinglove
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Rockinglove » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:23 pm

SeanYX wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:06 pm
Anyone please?
Hi when I booked my appointment for biometric

All Pakistan settlement applicants. You or your representative/sponsor must send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometrics (not before)

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

Post by SeanYX » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:55 pm

Dear Rockinglove,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Well, I've phoned the pay line of UKVI and they say they don't know and asked me to ask local VFS people.

I asked VFS and the answer is "We do not have an accurate time scale of sending documents for settlement application", and at the end of the email they ask me to contact UKVI for the answer.

I'm really puzzled. But this may be the best answer I guess? So I can wait for the passport and get the TB done...

Best regards,
Sean

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Usually its within 10 days from the date of biometrics.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

Post by SeanYX » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi Seagul,

I have heard that from other people but strange enough no information anywhere on official website, both UKVI & VFS.

I'm really worried about that.. Don't really want to risk sending incomplete supporting documents and hope the best.

I'm under tremendous pressure..£6000 is not a small amount of money to me...

Best regards,
Sean

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:25 pm

SeanYX wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 pm
Hi Seagul,

I have heard that from other people but strange enough no information anywhere on official website, both UKVI & VFS.

You will definitely find it upon submission the online form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:10 pm

SeanYX wrote:
Hi Seagul,

I'm really worried about that.. Don't really want to risk sending incomplete supporting documents and hope the best.

Best regards,
Sean
£6,000!? How many applicants are there?

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

Post by SeanYX » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:34 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:25 pm
SeanYX wrote:
Hi Seagul,

You will definitely find it upon submission the online form.
I'm using visa4uk website. It doesn't say really...Not even the address I should send my documents to..

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

Post by SeanYX » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:35 pm

ariamus wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:10 pm
SeanYX wrote:
Hi Seagul,

Best regards,
Sean
£6,000!? How many applicants are there?
Well, I forget to exclude iHS. So it's £4500+. Three applicants, apply outside the UK plus some other surcharge fees we purchased from VFS.