ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hi all

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

april7th
Newly Registered

hi all

Post by april7th » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Hello Friends,

I am a quiet member of this forum for last few months. I am just watching this forum and waiting for decision on my Tier 1 Initial application from home office.

Applied from UK

WHM to Tier1 (Initial Application)
Application filed: 07/04/08
Application Received: 08/04/08
Fee debited: 08/04/08
Reference no rec: 09/04/08
Reference no: PB302**********
Decision: Still Awaiting..................

I have called home office 4 times and 2 times they said that your case is under consideration and 2 times they said call after 10 weeks.
Dont know what to do. so just waiting and waiting...............

Any comment plz ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Please refrain from making duplicate posts.

Anyhow, did you make sure before applying that you could indeed apply for Tier 1 from within UK and switch from WHM category? The website and the policy guidance don't seem to list WHM as a switchable visa category. Or am I missing something here??

regards

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:43 pm

Switching into Tier-1 is permitted if you have earlier leave Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system Policy guidance

as a Highly Skilled Migrant,
• as a Tier 1 (General)
Migrant,
• as an Innovator,
• as a Participant in the Fresh
Talent: Working in Scotland
Scheme,
• as a Participant in the
International Graduates
Scheme (or its predecessor,
the Science and Engineering
Graduates Scheme),
• as a Postgraduate Doctor or
Dentist,
• as a Student,
• as a Student Nurse,
• as a Student Re-Sitting an
Examination,
• as a Student Writing-Up a
Thesis, or
• as a Work Permit Holder.

Do not see WHM in the list :cry:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:07 pm

This is interesting, and good news if true.
april17th wrote:yes WHM can switch to Tier 1, I sent my application once I got confirmation from home office itself. They said I can apply for approval letter from withen the UK. But for EC and stamping on my passport I have to go back to India.

WoodieG
BANNED

Re: hi all

Post by WoodieG » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:45 pm

april7th wrote:Hello Friends,

I am a quiet member of this forum for last few months. I am just watching this forum and waiting for decision on my Tier 1 Initial application from home office.

Applied from UK

WHM to Tier1 (Initial Application)
Application filed: 07/04/08
Application Received: 08/04/08
Fee debited: 08/04/08
Reference no rec: 09/04/08
Reference no: PB302**********
Decision: Still Awaiting..................

I have called home office 4 times and 2 times they said that your case is under consideration and 2 times they said call after 10 weeks.
Dont know what to do. so just waiting and waiting...............

Any comment plz ?
If you're on a working holiday visa you have just wasted ??750, the guidance clearly states you are not eligible (page 7).
________
Body science
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:26 am

sushdmehta wrote:This is interesting, and good news if true.
april17th wrote:yes WHM can switch to Tier 1, I sent my application once I got confirmation from home office itself. They said I can apply for approval letter from withen the UK. But for EC and stamping on my passport I have to go back to India.
But Tier-1 is a single stage process (I am referring to this -->>This. Where does the question of getting an approval in Uk and then going back to one's country for EC arise from?

regards,

push_hsmp

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:59 pm

I had the same response for him, but am giving him benefit of doubt since he claims he has confirmation from BIA to the effect. Though I asked himif this confirmation was in writing and to PM me or post the BIA response on the forum, but nothing as yet.

regards

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Please refrain from making duplicate posts.

Anyhow, did you make sure before applying that you could indeed apply for Tier 1 from within UK and switch from WHM category? The website and the policy guidance don't seem to list WHM as a switchable visa category. Or am I missing something here??

regards
Then it is not a switch. Once you have to go back to home country for EC you ILR clock restarts.
I mentionned this before that you can apply in the UK which is nice because then you can keep working and not uproot your life until the decision is made but once you are approved then you must return to home country for EC. Nothing special or wonderful about that.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:20 pm

republique wrote: I mentionned this before that you can apply in the UK which is nice because then you can keep working and not uproot your life until the decision is made but once you are approved then you must return to home country for EC. Nothing special or wonderful about that.
Looks like we have CW expertise here, which is good. Can you please guide us to the source of your information that anyone from the non-switchable categories can apply for Tier 1 from within UK, get approval and then return to home country to apply for EC. Whilst this was true for HSMP (apply in UK, get approval and return to home country for EC) and perhaps known to all, there seems to be no clear evidence (from or substantiated by BIA) known to us that the same is true for Tier 1 as well.

So a link to such information or a response from BIA confirming the same (if you have one) will be greatly helpful for ignorant souls.
sushdmehta wrote:I had the same response for him, but am giving him benefit of doubt since he claims he has confirmation from BIA to the effect. Though I asked himif this confirmation was in writing and to PM me or post the BIA response on the forum, but nothing as yet.
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Then it is not a switch. Once you have to go back to home country for EC you ILR clock restarts.
I mentionned this before that you can apply in the UK which is nice because then you can keep working and not uproot your life until the decision is made but once you are approved then you must return to home country for EC. Nothing special or wonderful about that.
Hmmm... so that means someone on WHM VISA CAN apply for Tier-1 from UK. Can you please suggest as to which form needs to be filled in this regard? And when you say "once you are approved" do you mean that such an applicant will get a letter similar to what people used to get under HSMP?? And if this is the case, I would assume that you would advise that one need not send his passport too with the application (for VISA stamping)? Well I searched on the BIA website but unfortunately I could not find any such information. Could you please help then?

Warm regards,

push_hsmp

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:26 am

april7th wrote:WHM to Tier1 (Initial Application). Application filed: 07/04/08 ......
Your 10 weeks are up. You can now demand to know why your application is still stuck with HO (assuming you haven't received a decision as yet).

If a decision has been received and is positive, is it an approval letter that you have been issued?

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:59 pm

UKBA's response on the issue (whether WHM visa holder can apply for Tier 1 within UK) can be viewed here.

regards

em3112
Newly Registered

Post by em3112 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:37 am

what the ...

Man - damn Visa people giving different info. I was told I could not apply for Teir 1 in the UK and would have to go back to Aus to make the entire application as we cannot switch to the Tier 1.

If that was not the case I have wasted time and plenty of money coming back to oz to wait out the 13 weeks, when I could have been in London working and in my place - my place that I currently still have while in Sydney!

This is a joke!

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:41 am

sushdmehta wrote:
april7th wrote:WHM to Tier1 (Initial Application). Application filed: 07/04/08 ......
Your 10 weeks are up. You can now demand to know why your application is still stuck with HO (assuming you haven't received a decision as yet).
Good luck with that, all they'll tell you is that the case is 'still under consideration', they never give details.
________
hydrogen rehab advice
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:36 pm

em3112 wrote:Man - damn Visa people giving different info. I was told I could not apply for Teir 1 in the UK and would have to go back to Aus to make the entire application as we cannot switch to the Tier 1.
That's exactly what the response says (the one that I have linked above). So where's the confusion or how visa people are giving different info. if you were told the same thing earlier? Or am I missing something here? :?

regards