ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and SET M application - not enough documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

The Confused One

ILR and SET M application - not enough documents

Post by The Confused One » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi

My husband recieved entry clearance on the 06th Febrauary 2007 and came to the UK on the 24th of Feb 2007. I understand that he is eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before 27th Feb 2009.

I was looking at the SET M application form and also understand that i need to provide 20 Documents from 5 sources spread over the 2 years he has been in the country.

My dilema is that we lodged in a freind's house from the 26th February 2007 till early October 2007 and then we moved into my parents house as the lodger agreement no longer suited my friend. However during that time although my husband and I were living with my friend (because there was not enough room at my parental home) my bank statements and payslips continued coming to my mums house.

This was not a problem for me as i mainly used internet banking and spent a lot of free time at my mums anyway. All my husbands documents however used to come to our friends house (mainly payslips and employment letters - no bank statements as he had no bank account)

My brother moved away to go to University and so in October 2007 we moved back in to my parents house as the lodger agreement did not suit my freind anymore. From October 2007 we have letters (mainly addressed to us individually but proves co-habitation anyway) etc. However for the 7 months of him being here we have nothing to prove co-habitation other than a Lodger Agreement and a Notice to Terminate.

I know John is going to say how about doctor letters, insurance etc etc but seriously we have nothing. However my husband only opened his own bank account in March 2008 and so his wages before then were coming to my account so this may or may not be proof that we were together as our finances were joint (but he was not a joint account holder :( .

Can anyone advise if this will go against us? Would a letter explaining this be sufficient? Please advise

Thanking you again

The Very Confused One[/b]

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:17 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:59 pm

Thankyou Vinny

That was really helpful; I suppose i wont have any problem proving that it is a genuine relationship with regards to photos and wedding invites etc etc. Just hope it all works

My husband has passed his Life in the Uk test which is good. Anyone else got any tips or suggestions or comments?

The Confused One

SHAFFI

Post by SHAFFI » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:49 am

Having personally gone thriugh the ILR process foe my wife i think you have a bit of a problem ahead of you.....only recently someone was rejected ILR on this site because the couple had first 6 months or so worth of documents missing.

I cant understand why you did not open a joint bank account from the onset (you had his wage coming into your account but did not think it relevant to add his name?)

It seems you perhaps overlooked or were not aware of the ILR process from the onset and now are at the stage where you have left it a little too late i guess.

You can write down all the facts in a letter and hand post this with your application in feb09 along with ur other docs....however bare in mind there is likely to be a delay in the process time, and you may only get FLR (subject to the FLR criteria)

I am sorry to sound negative but they arte very strict...this is why they have rules and conditions...unfortunately i think you have been a little careless.

best of luck though!!

imagine
Newly Registered

Post by imagine » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:21 pm

SHAFFI wrote:only recently someone was rejected ILR on this site because the couple had first 6 months or so worth of documents missing.
hi,

thanks shaffi,

could you tell us who the person was so we could try to find out what happened to them please?
Last edited by imagine on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Shaffi.

I struggled to get a bank account opened on my husband's name as they required more than one proof of ID and he only had one (his passport). As we were lodging at my friends house we did not have any utility bills in our names so therefore could not use that as ID. Eventually managed to get a provisional license and got it sorted out that way.

I suppose i will just have to wait and then give a thorough explanation explaining why we have no 'official' documents for that time period. I have to prove that we were living together in a relationship and i have enough evidence with regards to photos, wedding invites, anniversary cards, other party invites. Also his wages were coming into my account for a long time and are finances were joint for that matter - il just have to wait and hope that the caseworker believes me.

I suppose we do have a joint lodger tenancy agreement (a Lawpack one) which was signed in front of two witnesses (for the purpose of the agreement) and a Notice to Terminate addressed to both of us so I hope its not all too bad!

Do you think getting testimonies from friends, family, work colleagues etc to state that we were in a relationship and living together help or will it be irrelevant in this case? Please advise anyone?

Regards

The Confused One