ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Used blue ink instead of black on form-do I need to do over?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AshleyGleed
Newly Registered

Used blue ink instead of black on form-do I need to do over?

Post by AshleyGleed » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Well the topic pretty much says it all...I didn't see until after I'd finished filling out my form that it asks for it to be completed in black ink, in all caps(which I also didn't do). Will they still accept it like that, or do I need to print out a new one and do it all over? Thanks!

AshleyGleed
Newly Registered

Post by AshleyGleed » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:11 am

Anybody? :?

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:01 pm

According to your earlier posts, your spousal visa expired yesterday, the 13th of June. Does this mean that you're now overstaying? If you are, do be aware that there is a risk that the Home Office may refuse your application and you'll have to start from scratch. Also if you are now overstaying, this period will interrupt your time of legal residence in the UK. That means that you'll only be able to apply for citizenship from the time you start being legal again.

Essentially this means that your 3-years-to-citizenship clock has been reset. But again, only if you're now overstaying. Then again, you might not necessarily be interested in naturalising after all.

Your question about your entries not being in black and capitalised is small beans in comparison. No one here knows if you're going to get a stickler for your caseworker. If you want 100% certainty on this point, just fill it out again.

AshleyGleed
Newly Registered

Post by AshleyGleed » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi there,

I'm not overstaying, I was wrong about the date, my visa actually expired today, and I sent it today. Thanks for the warning though!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:43 am

Keep proof of posting!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Re-do the form. Use capitals. Use black ink.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:08 pm

macaroni wrote:Re-do the form. Use capitals. Use black ink.
Bit late mate, OP already sent it! Bit on last minute tho - why, why ,why? What if u made a mistake on payment page? No time to correct now...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:13 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Bit late mate, OP already sent it! Bit on last minute tho - why, why ,why? What if u made a mistake on payment page? No time to correct now...
If the HO can't take payment and refuse the application, the original poster can use Section 3C to extend leave to remain.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:19 pm

paulp wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
If the HO can't take payment and refuse the application, the original poster can use Section 3C to extend leave to remain.
Even if it's ur mistake? Wrong number etc? Thought I'd read of quite a few incidents where this has been used as an excuse for a refusal.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

AshleyGleed
Newly Registered

Post by AshleyGleed » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:07 am

Ok, now you're all freaking me out. It was last minute because time got away from us a bit, and the woman on the immigration helpline said I could send it the day my visa expired, she didn't say be careful, they might refuse it if you got one number in your debit card wrong. I double checked the payment info to make sure I wrote it in correctly so it should be fine. If they do refuse me do I have to go back to the States and apply from scratch, or can I apply from here? And can't I appeal?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Wanderer wrote:Even if it's ur mistake? Wrong number etc? Thought I'd read of quite a few incidents where this has been used as an excuse for a refusal.
I'm inclined to think that any return of the form and documents without a visa is a refusal and thus Section 3C extends leave till 10 days after receiving the refusal letter.