ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of Employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jeevan264
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Change of Employer

Post by jeevan264 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi All,
I have recently applied for my change of employer Tier 2 General visa, everything went fine and i got a letter from Home office saying it has been granted. Now i am in the process of discussion with my current employer to start the exit process and they want to retain me by offering better package than what i have been offered from new employer.

What are my options if i want to continue with my current employer, is it possible? if possible, what should i do to continue with my current employer?

Any inputs appreciated.

Thanks

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 Change of Employer

Post by UKLL » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:21 pm

jeevan264 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:02 pm
Hi All,
I have recently applied for my change of employer Tier 2 General visa, everything went fine and i got a letter from Home office saying it has been granted. Now i am in the process of discussion with my current employer to start the exit process and they want to retain me by offering better package than what i have been offered from new employer.

What are my options if i want to continue with my current employer, is it possible? if possible, what should i do to continue with my current employer?

Any inputs appreciated.

Thanks
Your new visa for your new employer has been granted, this means your visa for your current employer has been cancelled. You must not work for your current employer from the start day stated on your CoS.

You can continue to work for your current employer by
1. 20 hours supplementary work, provided same SOC and same professional level as per requirement
2. Your current employer undertakes and completes a new RMLT for the job and hire you back (if you are the successful candidate) and you apply for a new Tier 2 Change of Employer.

jeevan264
Newly Registered
India

Post by jeevan264 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks for the reply UKLL, had a chat with the HR of my current employer, they say it is possible to cancel either of the visa after speaking to the legal team, just wanted to double check with you, is there a link from home office which explains the process for this scenario.

Thanks again for the response.

jd123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jd123 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:42 am

Hi,

UKLL is right. The moment you get your new visa from new employer, your visa with previous employer is cancelled. You cannot work for your previous employer.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:21 pm

jeevan264 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:58 am
Thanks for the reply UKLL, had a chat with the HR of my current employer, they say it is possible to cancel either of the visa after speaking to the legal team, just wanted to double check with you, is there a link from home office which explains the process for this scenario.

Thanks again for the response.
I don't think the "legal team" is right, but you can ring Home Office