ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification around PBS dependent extension while main applicant on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bokishai
Mood:
India

Clarification around PBS dependent extension while main applicant on ILR

Post by bokishai » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:22 am

Hello All,

Hope all of you are doing well.

I am looking for some assistance and advice with regards to my wife’s PBS Dependent Visa extension.

I was granted ILR on 27th FEB2019 through Tier 2 general - 5 Years continuous stay.
My wife is currently on ‘PBS Dependent' visa and her first dependent visa was issued on 07th APR2016 and she first arrived into the UK on 19th APR 2016.
Her current visa details are as follows:
Issue Date: 07 APR 2016
Expiry Date: 24 APR 2019
Type: PBS Dependent (Leave to Enter)

I am aware that I have to apply for her PBS dependent extension before her current visa expires through the UKVI online form for PBS Extension. Hence, with regards to the above I am looking for the answers to the following questions:

1. On the first page of the online application form (it is asking for the details of the person you are joining or accompanying) and there is a question “Is the Main applicant work in a shortage occupation”?.
I have checked my COS (before the ILR) and the SOC code mentioned is 2133 and if I refer to below link, this SOC code is shown under the Table 1 - United Kingdom Shortage Occupation List
(https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list)
I am aware based on this my answer to the question should be “YES” and I just wanted to seek some advice & make sure that I am going in the right direction?
Additionally, there is a difference in the visa fees too as Shortage Occupation is £ 464 compared to £ 704 (Non-Shortage Occupation). (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general)

2. In the online application form, there's a question regarding COS - What is the length of Main applicants COS? I have entered it as more than 3 years (based on my COS I had before my ILR – 10NOV2015 to 16JAN2020) I could not find any reference to it again in the application form. Can you please confirm if the option I have selected is the correct one? and I do not have to provide an actual COS as it won't be a valid one?

3. There's a maintenance question in the application - Has Main applicants sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? I have answered it as 'No'. For the proof of maintenance, can I attach my wife's bank statements as unfortunately, I have not maintained funds for continuous 90 days? Or bank statements for both of us? Are the bank statements enough as a proof or do I have to provide my wife's payslips?

4. Finally, under the documents section based on my Q3 (answer – NO) there are 2 documents requested:
a. Statements from a personal bank or building society account (My Bank)
b. Documents showing you have had at least £630.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days (Your documents must show you have had at least £630.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days. You can provide multiple documents to show this amount.)

I am aware (a) is the bank statement but unsure what is expected from (b), are both the same?

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks in advance,

bokishai
Mood:
India

Re: Clarification around PBS dependent extension while main applicant on ILR

Post by bokishai » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:24 am

Hello All,

Appreciate if you could please provide some assistance on my questions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

bokishai
Mood:
India

Post by bokishai » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:30 am

Hello All,

Appreciate your valuable response.

Thanks in advance,

bokishai
Mood:
India

Post by bokishai » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi All,

I am not sure why someone with similar experience can help me with my questions.

Apologies for been rude but irrespective of following up for answers no one has answered to my questions.

Thanks for any help.