ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settles status and naturalisation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Karolmicha

Settles status and naturalisation

Post by Karolmicha » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Does anybody have any info relating to applying for naturalisation as a EU national using the settled status ? As settled status is based purely on residence and not on exercising treaty rights, will the settled status thats been obtained for 12months+ be enough to be granted naturalisation ? Very confused about this. If anybody has any info relating this or can point me in the right direction, I will really appreciate it, thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Settles status and naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:45 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
check out the requirements guide page 9 onwards.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Karolmicha

Post by Karolmicha » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:52 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:45 pm
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
check out the requirements guide page 9 onwards.
Im still very confused. It mentions both, permanent residence and settled status scheme, so I should have both before I apply for naturalisation ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:17 pm

No, it explains what the rules are if you apply either with PR or with Settled Status.
If you are applying under PR you must have the DCPR held for 12 months after gaining PR.
If you have applied for settled status, the date it was given is the start date for the 12 months wait.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.