ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Residency Requirement for EU/EEA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irelavv
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Naturalisation and Residency Requirement for EU/EEA

Post by irelavv » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi all.

I've got a very short question and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this scenario:

- EEA citizen applying for naturalisation in March 2019
- Obtained EEA PR (Permanent Residence) in February 2018
- Living in the UK for 6 years

My question is: am I right to think that since the PR date is so recent, HO will count it as proof of living in the UK from February 2013 until February 2018? After all, permanent residence is based on proving you were continuously resident in the UK for 5 years.

Of course, I will submit payslips, P45s from 2014 to 2018 but when you think about it, the logical thing to do is supply evidence of residency for the last year.

PS: If someone obtained a PR document in 2012 and wished to apply for citizenship in 2019 it would be another story because HO are only interested in the last 5 years of residency when applying.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation and Residency Requirement for EU/EEA

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:23 pm

You prove your residency for the five years preceding the AN application - not same period as for PR. You don't need to prove PR again.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rely1458
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation and Residency Requirement for EU/EEA

Post by rely1458 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:22 pm

You will still be required to provide evidence of residence for the past 5 years even if your PR document is recent. I had to provide again evidence such as letter from employer, etc. Simply having the DCPR wasn't enough, even though I became PR in 2016 and applied in 2017.