ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syedalitarek
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Work history

Post by syedalitarek » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:22 am

Dear Friends,

I will be applying soon for my citizenship. I have a few queries:

1)
I have got my 10 years of work history from HMRC. I noticed some of my employers' details have changed such as they changed their trading name.

Also, I do not recognise some of the companies (I did a number of agency works and looks like it was paid from their sister companies or from another company owned by the same group). These were beyond my control.

Now when I give company details or PAYE details, should I put the company name as I knew it or the way it is found in HMRC records?
(If I go by HMRC records then some of the companies look odd...such as ABC Accountancy LTD. whereas my job had nothing to do with Accounts.)

2) My wife is on ILR, Kids already a British citizen, does it imply I have no dependents who are not applying now?

Any insight into these will be very helpful.

Thanks so much for taking your valuable time in responding.

Best regards-

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: Work history

Post by wahi66 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Well you bank statement might shown the company's name along with salary and also your p60 and payslip at the time of employment. it has all the details who you are working for etc. also your employment contract at the time of employment.

I would suggest to go according to HMRC record as this is what the HO is going to see as well when they gonna run checks on you. these are only information true to your knowledge as work history has nothing to do with application success or failure. also the application does not requires to provide proof of these employments so only hmrc option left.

your wife and children has nothing to do with your application and they do not depend on your when it comes to immigration matters but their information will be asked in the application form for sure.

hope it helps :)

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi wahi66,you given a good explanation here regarding the work history and its impact on application’s outcome so you said it doesn’t affect the outcome could you please put more light on it as many applicants here still confused including me.i gave it the employment history according to the hmrc records as i had requested before my application to submit and then i did put as accordingly on my brit citizenship online application but it was only since 2014 till date employments while i came over here to the UK in 2011 so i used to work with one care home in london and then with a agency for care home it was a short while with NI and paid tax but it doesn’t show on that hmrc employment history but i gave it on online application and the agency work was cash in hand but still i gave it the details of that agency/company on online application but this agency/complaint has been dissolved/liquidated now but i gave the name and address etc on online application but both of the above employments does show on the hmrc employment history sheet but from 2014 upto present my all employment history exists over that sheet so could you share your views about these wether could these affect my application’s outcome and i have never breached otherwise the immigration law etc like overstayer or illegal in this country at all no other civil or criminal offence not at all im absolutely clear and clean.
Thanks

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi Wahi, a few type errors occurred in my previous above message please read Company instead complaint and Two employments before 2014 doesn’t show on hmrc record sheet one was care home paid tax and NI while the other was with agency cash in hand

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Ilrsetm wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:19 pm
Hi wahi66,you given a good explanation here regarding the work history and its impact on application’s outcome so you said it doesn’t affect the outcome could you please put more light on it as many applicants here still confused including me.i gave it the employment history according to the hmrc records as i had requested before my application to submit and then i did put as accordingly on my brit citizenship online application but it was only since 2014 till date employments while i came over here to the UK in 2011 so i used to work with one care home in london and then with a agency for care home it was a short while with NI and paid tax but it doesn’t show on that hmrc employment history but i gave it on online application and the agency work was cash in hand but still i gave it the details of that agency/company on online application but this agency/complaint has been dissolved/liquidated now but i gave the name and address etc on online application but both of the above employments does show on the hmrc employment history sheet but from 2014 upto present my all employment history exists over that sheet so could you share your views about these wether could these affect my application’s outcome and i have never breached otherwise the immigration law etc like overstayer or illegal in this country at all no other civil or criminal offence not at all im absolutely clear and clean.
Thanks

Hello

Well like a said before the citizenship application does not requires you to proof yourself a working person or business person or ask for income proofs etc. It does not really matter what do you do for living, either do any kind of work or business or even do nothing. The only thing matters is being honest while disclosing all the information so that when they run all checks under your application they don't find anything hidden by you.

The question about your agency work, it does not matter the payments were in cash but the thing matters is hows the agency was treating you? employee or self employed? if employee then obviously they had given you payslip, taken out the NI and tax and no responsibility on you but if it was self employed then the burden of the responsibility goes to you where you are responsible for declaring your income and paying NI and tax.

All company weather active or dissolved, the hmrc has record of all of them.

hope it helps

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi Wahi66, thank you for your more explanation.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:22 pm

Ilrsetm wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:25 pm
Hi Wahi66, thank you for your more explanation.
no problem

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi wahi, agency was paying me cash in hand with no tax and NI paid as that i was on student visa and allowed to work for 20hrs a week.
It doesn’t show on hmrc employment history can it affect my application outcome and i gave the name and address of that agency/company on my brit cit online application.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:43 pm

Ilrsetm wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:37 pm
Hi wahi, agency was paying me cash in hand with no tax and NI paid as that i was on student visa and allowed to work for 20hrs a week.
It doesn’t show on hmrc employment history can it affect my application outcome and i gave the name and address of that agency/company on my brit cit online application.
if it was cash in hand with no track history then whats the point to mentions in your records.
anyway usually these types of jobs cannot be verified or has no track record so just chill.

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:44 am

Hi Wahi, thanks for your reply.
So you mean it should be ok..

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 am

Ilrsetm wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:44 am
Hi Wahi, thanks for your reply.
So you mean it should be ok..
yeah you are good. dont worry. :)

Ilrsetm
United Kingdom

Post by Ilrsetm » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:26 am

Thank you Wahi for your motivational message.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:27 am

good luck mate

Jado1
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Jado1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi guys
I want to request my employment history since 2009 , do you know how long does it take to receive it as it is very urgent .
Thnks

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:49 am

It took around 40 days for me

Issa123
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Issa123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:03 pm

HI Waqas734,

Can you please let me know how you requested the work history up to 10 years,

I have emailed them on info.sars@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk asking for below,

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am applying for British Nationality and on application it is asking me to provide details of last 10 years work history. I have details of my current employment but I haven't got details (eg start date and end date) of other employments in past. Can you please kindly provide me with the full employment history up to 10 years

Name : xxx
Date of Birth : xxx
NI Number : xxx
Address : xxx (not changed address within last 5 years)
Period of Employment history request : 2009 to 2019
Reason for employment history : For British Citizenship application

Best Regards
xxx

I emailed them on the 19/03/2019 but not received any email back, not even an automated response
Is that email address is still valid. How did you request your work history ? Did you write to them instead of emailing them

regards