ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mhib
New Zealand

New visa application

Post by mhib » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi,

I have found a new sponsor and they have finished the RLMT and issued a CoS. They have now advised me that they expect me to do the visa application myself rather than them doing it. Also that left me with a couple of urgent questions that I need answering to finalise my application:

- Will I need to reapply for my partner as well? (new visa cost and NHS surcharge cost for her?).
- My current visa expire in January 2021 (due to reaching 6 years limit). The new COS however state a date until 2022 (less than 3 years from now). In the NHS surcharge work finish date, will i put 2022 or the 2021 jan date (actual finish as its the max my visa allows me?)
- Is it usual that employers ask the new staff to apply themselves? It did come as a surprise to me.

Thanks alit

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: New visa application

Post by UKLL » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:24 pm

mhib wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:02 pm
Hi,

I have found a new sponsor and they have finished the RLMT and issued a CoS. They have now advised me that they expect me to do the visa application myself rather than them doing it. Also that left me with a couple of urgent questions that I need answering to finalise my application:

- Will I need to reapply for my partner as well? (new visa cost and NHS surcharge cost for her?).
I don't know

- My current visa expire in January 2021 (due to reaching 6 years limit). The new COS however state a date until 2022 (less than 3 years from now). In the NHS surcharge work finish date, will i put 2022 or the 2021 jan date (actual finish as its the max my visa allows me?)
I think it's the same as the duration of your CoS

- Is it usual that employers ask the new staff to apply themselves? It did come as a surprise to me.
Yes, I am also surprised that your previous employer did it for you!

Thanks alit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:26 pm

1. No, your pbs dependent does not have to apply with you as lo g as they still have a valid visa.

2. Your new visa won't be issued for longer than the 6 years cap, regardless of your CoS being for longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:26 pm
1. No, your pbs dependent does not have to apply with you as lo g as they still have a valid visa.

I have checked the gov regulations for tier 2 extend you visa that my exployer sent me and it stated the following:

"Extend your visa
You may be able to apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Tier 2 (General) visa.

You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend. This includes children who have turned 18 during your stay. They’ll also need to submit a separate application.

You should apply before your current visa expires."

Does this only apply to extension and not switching employers? My wife is on a partner visa and her visa is connected to mine.

2. Your new visa won't be issued for longer than the 6 years cap, regardless of your CoS being for longer.
So for the NHS surcharge i will enter the date of the end of my 6 years (jan 2021) as my finish date, and I should be fine with that I hope.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi CR001 thanks alot for the reply. I seem to get even more confused now. I would appreciate a clarification

1. I have checked the gov regulations for tier 2 extend you visa that my explorer sent me and it stated the following:

"Extend your visa
You may be able to apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Tier 2 (General) visa.

You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend. This includes children who have turned 18 during your stay. They’ll also need to submit a separate application.

Once I have added my partner I am getting asked to pay for her NHS surcharge and new visa application cost which contradicts the answer you gave and HO guidance. Is it an issue with the website?

2. So for the NHS surcharge i will enter the date of the end of my 6 years (jan 2021) as my finish date, and I should be fine with that I hope.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:54 pm

If you switch employers, you do NOT have to apply for your dependents at the same time if they still have long validity on their visas. They are NOT dependent on your sponsor!! Do NOT ad them to your change of employer application.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/when ... 98586.html

You have to pay visa fee and IHS based on your cis. You will likely an Ihs refund for any overpayment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Thanks alot CR001. I think this answers it. Its great that I asked before I paid.

One last/final question. Do you know how I can cancel an incomplete online application? I have started teh application and only decided to check in the last minute before I pay. So now the application is locked and when i log it it just asks me for payment (with my wife included). and i cannot find a way to cancel/restart it. Any idea if that can be done online or shall i call home office to do that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Start a new one with a different email. The incomplete one will be deleted after a few weeks, provided you have not submitted it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mhib
New Zealand

Post by mhib » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:59 pm

thanks very much :-)