ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for spouse outside the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Application for spouse outside the UK

Post by enkay » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello, I'm in the UK and want to make a start on a spouse visa application for my husband who is in Nigeria, however I have stumbled at the first step! There seems to be 2 different application websites and I'm not sure which one is the right one to use.

The link on the gov.uk spouse info page goes to www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk however that website also has a link to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa which has "Appendix FM Partner" listed.

I'd be grateful if someone could confirm which site is the correct one please. Thanks in advance.

ntb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Application for spouse outside the UK

Post by ntb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:00 pm

enkay wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm
Hello, I'm in the UK and want to make a start on a spouse visa application for my husband who is in Nigeria, however I have stumbled at the first step! There seems to be 2 different application websites and I'm not sure which one is the right one to use.

The link on the gov.uk spouse info page goes to www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk however that website also has a link to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa which has "Appendix FM Partner" listed.

I'd be grateful if someone could confirm which site is the correct one please. Thanks in advance.
The second website is just a website that will lead you to this www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk <- THAT is the website which you apply from.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Brilliant! Thank you for the quick response.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:03 am

It's taken a lot longer to gather the documents than I expected, but we are now almost ready to submit.

The one outstanding item is the letter from my employer confirming that my payslips are genuine since I only get them online. However Payroll have insisted that they only stamp and sign the printed payslips in such cases, they don't provide accompanying letters. Will stamped and signed payslips be sufficient or should I insist on them writing a letter?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:05 am

Will stamped and signed payslips be sufficient ?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:13 am

That's a relief. Thank you very much

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:31 pm

Documents to be submitted today

I'm about to hit submit on my husband's application on the .gov.uk site, and would just like some reassurance that we've got all the supporting documents required please.

1. TB certificate dated within the last six months
2. Letter from my employer dated earlier this week
3. My monthly payslips starting from 25 Jun 2018 and last one is 25 June 2019 - all stamped and signed by payroll dept
4. My bank statements covering 19 Jun 18 to 25 Jun 19, showing wages from all payslips - all stamped by bank earlier this week
5. B1 Speaking and Listening IELTS Life Skills test report form from earlier this year
6. Marriage certificate
7. My passport and hubby's current and old passports
8. Housing inspection report dated earlier this week
9. Official copy of register of title dated when I bought the house
10. £3 copy of extract from title register downloaded and dated earlier this week
11. Redemption statement from mortgage provider dated last week (annual statement is not available as I've owned the house for less than 1 year)
12. 2019/20 council tax bill
13. Call logs and WhatsApp chat screenshots covering the period since the beginning of our relationship
14. Pictures of us together on visits over the period since we met
15. Flight receipts for my trips to visit him
16. Supporting letters from my husband and myself
17. Signed sponsorship form SU07 (although I don't think this is needed?)

I haven't filled in Appendix 2 as it's not on the document list, and references to it have been removed from the family visa info page on the .gov.uk website (I have an old print out of the same page from a few months ago, and it was mentioned then, but it is not mentioned on the current page. I assume this is because the new application site has a specific section for financial info that covers the same questions?)

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Why submit appendix 2 if not required, ECO will still take into consideration appendix 2 while making decision.

Best to avoid it
I want to learn by sharing what I Have learnt.

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Could you please share the screenshot of old website where it used to say to submit appendix 2
I want to learn by sharing what I Have learnt.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:17 pm

rashismart2000 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Could you please share the screenshot of old website where it used to say to submit appendix 2
I didn't submit appendix 2 in the end. Hopefully I've managed to upload a picture of the print out of the old page as at May 2018. I've highlighted the bit where appendix 2 is mentioned. The same section on the current website makes no mention of appendix 2 and now just links through to the new application website.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:29 pm

enkay wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:17 pm
rashismart2000 wrote:
I didn't submit appendix 2 in the end. Hopefully I've managed to upload a picture of the print out of the old page as at May 2018. I've highlighted the bit where appendix 2 is mentioned. The same section on the current website makes no mention of appendix 2 and now just links through to the new application website.
The form is very visibly instructing to fill up Appendix II
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:29 pm
enkay wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:17 pm
rashismart2000 wrote:
The form is very visibly instructing to fill up Appendix II
Note the picture is of the old guidance page as at May 2018. The current guidance website does not have any text about appendix 2 anymore and it was also not listed on the document checklist, so it doesn't look like it's required anymore if applying through the .gov.uk application site.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Why not as a precaution just download and fill it again and submit along with other documents. Its still available here.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:55 pm
Why not as a precaution just download and fill it again and submit along with other documents. Its still available here.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -08-18.pdf
It's too late for us as we have already submitted, but yes, some others may want to add it just in case. It's a very expensive and time consuming process so better to be safe than sorry I guess. I do note however, that the questions in the appendix 2 form are all almost exactly the same as those asked in sections of the new .gov.uk application site. The whole process just seems to be full of pitfalls if one isn't very very careful. It would have been helpful for them to explicitly signpost what is / is no longer required as a result of the change to the application system.

ZiZo
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ZiZo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 am

How did it go? Are u still waiting for a response? Best of luck x

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:49 pm

ZiZo wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 am
We're still waiting. Fingers crossed🤞

OlaSim
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OlaSim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi Enkay

Is there a reason why your husband completed the B1 test? Is this not for him to join you?

Reason being, My husband submitted the A1 as it’s his first application then if visa granted I believe the next test would be A2 (extension) after them it would be B1

enkay wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:49 pm
ZiZo wrote:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:29 pm

OlaSim wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm
Hi Enkay

Is there a reason why your husband completed the B1 test? Is this not for him to join you?

Reason being, My husband submitted the A1 as it’s his first application then if visa granted I believe the next test would be A2 (extension) after them it would be B1

enkay wrote:
ZiZo wrote:
Doing B1 is wise because it is almost same to A1 but can cover the need of A1 & A2 test without sitting again for test.

OlaSim
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OlaSim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Oh right, ok.
seagul wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:29 pm
OlaSim wrote:
Hi Enkay

enkay wrote:
ZiZo wrote:
Doing B1 is wise because it is almost same to A1 but can cover the need of A1 & A2 test without sitting again for test.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:33 pm

OlaSim wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:36 pm
Oh right, ok.
seagul wrote:
OlaSim wrote:
Hi Enkay

enkay wrote:

Yes, we chose to do B1 because the cost of doing B1 was the same as A1 and the B1 test result can also be used for the subsequent applications even after it expires (assuming no break or change in visa type and assuming rules don't change in the future) and so will save a little bit of money in the long term.

OlaSim
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OlaSim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Yes, it makes sense

All the best :)

I’m struggling to find timelines for Nigeria spouse visa on here. Is there a topic for that? Would you know?
enkay wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:33 pm
OlaSim wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:36 pm
Oh right, ok.
seagul wrote:
OlaSim wrote:
Hi Enkay

Yes, we chose to do B1 because the cost of doing B1 was the same as A1 and the B1 test result can also be used for the subsequent applications even after it expires (assuming no break or change in visa type and assuming rules don't change in the future) and so will save a little bit of money in the long term.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:40 pm

OlaSim wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 pm
I’m struggling to find timelines for Nigeria spouse visa on here. Is there a topic for that? Would you know?
No there isn't one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OlaSim
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OlaSim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:41 pm

CR001,
Could I start one once I get the outcome of application?
It’s been useful looking at other country, such as the Pakistan Timelines.

And By the way, you and Seagull are fantastic with your responses and advise.
God bless you both and other moderators
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:40 pm
OlaSim wrote:
No there isn't one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:42 pm

OlaSim wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:41 pm
CR001,

CR001 wrote:
OlaSim wrote:
No there isn't one.
Someone has started one today, which we are not happy with and is being discussed. It is impossible to moderate all of them and have a timeline thread for every single country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

OlaSim
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OlaSim » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Ok, no problem.

One more thing, would you guys be annoyed if an update is provided under a different country’s timeline?

It is clearly helpful that people sign up on this and also give an account of their own experience - it kind of gives others who are reading hope, especially those that are going it solo without legal aids.
Would you not agree?
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:42 pm
OlaSim wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:41 pm
CR001,

CR001 wrote:
OlaSim wrote:
No there isn't one.
Someone has started one today, which we are not happy with and is being discussed. It is impossible to moderate all of them and have a timeline thread for every single country.