ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

canada skilled migration programme

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CIA
Newly Registered

canada skilled migration programme

Post by CIA » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:33 am

Hi all;

this is my case. I have passed the assessment with 70 points and will apply later this year, as i understand filing from London, UK takes 38 months (about 3 years)

My question is that I will be the PRIMARY applicant and I intend to add my spouse on the form.

IF i am granted the visa, can I go there BEFORE him and then lets say he'll join me about a week later?

Does husband and wife MUST travel together?

thanks

rallymanUK
Newly Registered

Post by rallymanUK » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:53 am

As far as I'm aware, your partner can join you at a later date. As long as your within your time period. It will give you chance to find somewhere to live etc.

I'm sure this is the case but if someone could clarify this?

My partner and I are just starting the paperwork now. We're hoping to be out there within 2 years but not sure how realistic this is?

Good luck on your journey

Carl and Jodie

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:16 am

Hi,

Principal applicant needs to land first before the dependent. They can land separately provided the visa is valid

I hope this helps

Regards,

Ali, CCIC