ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET LR REFUSED WITH APPEAL RIGHTS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kavikkdi

SET LR REFUSED WITH APPEAL RIGHTS

Post by kavikkdi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:06 am

Dear admin & Members,

Please read my Immigration History and reson for SET LR refusal, then suggest me the Success rate of my appeal.

On 19 October 2008 arrived in the UK as a student granted until 28 feb 2010.

On 17 feb 2010 applied in time for leave to remain as a Tier 4 General student Granted Until 13 june 2012.

On 27 March 2012 applied In time leave to remain as Post study work, granted until 4 August 2014.

On 1 August 2014 applied in time for leave to remain as Tier 2 General migrant granted until 12 August 2017.
On 3 November 2016 leave to remain was curtailed so as to end on 8 Jan 2017.

On 6 Jan 2017 applied in Time for leave to remain on the basis of family and private life, application varied on 23 May 2017 to an application for leave to remain as a Tier 2 General Migrant. Application was subsequently refused on 20 March 2018 with the right to as Administrative Review. No Administrative Review Submitted.

On 26 March 2018 applied Out of Time for leave to remain on the basis of family & Private life. On 24 September 2018 application varied to an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 years lawful residence. This is the application under consideration.

Reason for refusal says:
The Tier 2 General Migrant application refused on 20 march 2018 with the right to an Administrative review .You did not apply for an Administrative review. It is therefore consider that your period of valid leave to remain ended on 20 march 2018. As you arrived in the UK on 19 October 2008 you did not have 10 years lawful residence at that point.
On 26 March 2018 you applied out of time for leave to remain on the basis of your family and private life. You varied the application on 24 September 2018to as application for Indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 years lawful residence. As your application was submitted within 14days of the previous refusal decision on 20 March 2018 you meet the requirements of paragraph 276B(v). However, It should be noted that any time spent awaiting the decision on an out of time application is not consider a period of lawful leave to remain for the purpose of continuous residence. As noted above you had valid leave to remain until 20 March 2018 and did not have 10 years lawful residence at that point. As such your period of continuous lawful residence is considered to have been broken at this point.Therefore, you have not demonstrated 10 years continuous lawful residence and cannot satisfy the requirement of paragraph 276B(I)(a).

For the reason outlined above, your application for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residenceis refused as you have failed to meet the requirement of the Immigration Rule Under paragraph 276D with reference to paragraph 276B(i)(a) of HC395 (as amended).

Please suggest me how to proceed my appeal.

Thanks

kavikkdi

Re: SET LR REFUSED WITH APPEAL RIGHTS

Post by kavikkdi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:52 pm

Any one Please...?
kavikkdi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:06 am
Dear admin & Members,

Please read my Immigration History and reson for SET LR refusal, then suggest me the Success rate of my appeal.

On 19 October 2008 arrived in the UK as a student granted until 28 feb 2010.

On 17 feb 2010 applied in time for leave to remain as a Tier 4 General student Granted Until 13 june 2012.

On 27 March 2012 applied In time leave to remain as Post study work, granted until 4 August 2014.

On 1 August 2014 applied in time for leave to remain as Tier 2 General migrant granted until 12 August 2017.
On 3 November 2016 leave to remain was curtailed so as to end on 8 Jan 2017.

On 6 Jan 2017 applied in Time for leave to remain on the basis of family and private life, application varied on 23 May 2017 to an application for leave to remain as a Tier 2 General Migrant. Application was subsequently refused on 20 March 2018 with the right to as Administrative Review. No Administrative Review Submitted.

On 26 March 2018 applied Out of Time for leave to remain on the basis of family & Private life. On 24 September 2018 application varied to an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 years lawful residence. This is the application under consideration.

Reason for refusal says:
The Tier 2 General Migrant application refused on 20 march 2018 with the right to an Administrative review .You did not apply for an Administrative review. It is therefore consider that your period of valid leave to remain ended on 20 march 2018. As you arrived in the UK on 19 October 2008 you did not have 10 years lawful residence at that point.
On 26 March 2018 you applied out of time for leave to remain on the basis of your family and private life. You varied the application on 24 September 2018to as application for Indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 years lawful residence. As your application was submitted within 14days of the previous refusal decision on 20 March 2018 you meet the requirements of paragraph 276B(v). However, It should be noted that any time spent awaiting the decision on an out of time application is not consider a period of lawful leave to remain for the purpose of continuous residence. As noted above you had valid leave to remain until 20 March 2018 and did not have 10 years lawful residence at that point. As such your period of continuous lawful residence is considered to have been broken at this point.Therefore, you have not demonstrated 10 years continuous lawful residence and cannot satisfy the requirement of paragraph 276B(I)(a).

For the reason outlined above, your application for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residenceis refused as you have failed to meet the requirement of the Immigration Rule Under paragraph 276D with reference to paragraph 276B(i)(a) of HC395 (as amended).

Please suggest me how to proceed my appeal.

Thanks

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Someone please clarify me how appeals are allowed under human rights rule?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm

How many times do you need to bump this post in matter of few hours of posting it ???!!
Your long residence application is correctly refused as you did not have 10 years of lawful residence.
What is the legitimate human rights claim ? You cannot successfully challenge a decision on human rights ground unless you have very very good reasons like not being able to return to your country, etc
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:36 am

kavikkdi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm
Hi,
May be u should have waited for Decision for FLR-Application instead of over lapping it with 10Yr-LR.........may be u might hav got FLR for few Months.
What is ur Appeal status as of now?
GoodLuck!
Believe In Reality

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:45 am

Hellogbptier1general

Thanks for your comment,

If I waited for FLR decision,

How am I eligible for ILR if that FLR refused ? That’s why I varied before took the decision.

I appealed in time and payment has been processed.
Waiting for hearing date.

Everyone this forum saying FTT and UTT does not allow this appeal as UTT already refused Ahmed case and that was reported.
I am worried, at least judge consider my case to allow leave to remain 30 months visa would be good at the moment.
We will see the outcome.
Thanks again your valuable time to read my case.
Thanks

gbptier1general wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:36 am
kavikkdi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm
Hi,
May be u should have waited for Decision for FLR-Application instead of over lapping it with 10Yr-LR.........may be u might hav got FLR for few Months.
What is ur Appeal status as of now?
GoodLuck!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:50 am

kavikkdi wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:45 am

How am I eligible for ILR if that FLR refused ? That’s why I varied before took the decision.

Everyone this forum saying FTT and UTT does not allow this appeal as UTT already refused Ahmed case and that was reported.
I am worried, at least judge consider my case to allow leave to remain 30 months visa would be good at the moment.
We will see the outcome.
Thanks
If your FLR application had been successful, the period of overstay would have been ignored at ILR stage. This is not the case in your circumstances as you varied an out of time application to ILR LR, which was correctly refused as you did not have 10 years lawful residence.

IF you are fortunate to have success and get 30 months leave to remain, this will likely put you on a new 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:01 am

Hi Zimba

Thanks for your comment,

I appealed and few has been processed.

Please clarify
Am I eligible to apply Tier-2 general SW now or not ?

Tier 2 company willing to offer a sponsorship.
Thanks

Zimba wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm
How many times do you need to bump this post in matter of few hours of posting it ???!!
Your long residence application is correctly refused as you did not have 10 years of lawful residence.
What is the legitimate human rights claim ? You cannot successfully challenge a decision on human rights ground unless you have very very good reasons like not being able to return to your country, etc

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 am

You would have to withdraw your appeal before you can make any application.

Whether you will be successful with Tier 2 having been an overstayer for more than a year, no one can say for certain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:13 am

Hi CR001

Thank you for your reply.

We will see the outcome of appeal.

Thanks.
CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:50 am
kavikkdi wrote:

We will see the outcome.
Thanks
If your FLR application had been successful, the period of overstay would have been ignored at ILR stage. This is not the case in your circumstances as you varied an out of time application to ILR LR, which was correctly refused as you did not have 10 years lawful residence.

IF you are fortunate to have success and get 30 months leave to remain, this will likely put you on a new 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas).

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi CR001

Please clarify 3C rules,

Several post you mentioning that after AdminReview refusal 3C comes end but my case I didn’t apply administration review after my Tier 2 visa refused, within 6 days I apply FLR FP instead of within 14 days of AdminReview.
In this case 3c live or not ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:26 am

Your section 3C ended when you were refused visa (20 March 2018) . The fact that you applied within 14 days for a new application is irrelevant as you have been an overstayer. Since then you had NO lawful residence and therefore did not complete the lawful 10 years residence requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 am

CR001 wrote:
kavikkdi wrote:

We will see the outcome.
Thanks

Hi kavikkdi ,
As per my Good knowledge u will probably get 30-Month Visa whr u need to cross 6-7Yys further to gain Next ILR/LR[7-Yrs legal stay ] NOT "10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas)" as CR001 advised.
As CR001 said only Likely.
But I am sensing it is more likely to 6/7Yr LR which HO may highlight in ur Visa Approval letter provided ur Barrister does a Strong& confident JOB.[Out of Immigration Rules]
If HO gives u within Immigration rules then out come falls to 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas).
Good Luck!!!
Just BE confident & GoodSmart....Either way u r winning with Visa granted!
Pls keep updates to us&get updated too!
Believe In Reality

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:26 am
Your section 3C ended when you were refused visa (20 March 2018) . The fact that you applied within 14 days for a new application is irrelevant as you have been an overstayer. Since then you had NO lawful residence and therefore did not complete the lawful 10 years residence requirement
Hi Zimba,
Pls correct if my conclusion is wrong!
After the refused visa (20 March 2018),If AR-was submitted with in 14-Days instead of FLR,then assuming if AR was refused later on then AR-Refusal Date ends 3C.
Right!
Thanks.
Believe In Reality

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:37 am

Yes, if AR is not filed then section 3C ends after the refusal is served (two working days from refusal)

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Fri May 10, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi Admins

Please find the recent UT judgement regarding lawful residence for 10 year route ILR.

Please some one help me, is this judgement help my case regarding 39E rules.

https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 04404-2018

Please see the judgement link.

Thanks in advance

REM12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by REM12 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:41 pm

kavikkdi wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:29 pm
Hi Admins

Please find the recent UT judgement regarding lawful residence for 10 year route ILR.

Please some one help me, is this judgement help my case regarding 39E rules.

https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 04404-2018

Please see the judgement link.

Thanks in advance
Hello kavikkdi !! I am also in same situation lyk ur one ( 39e matters) . How was the hearing gone ! My ilr was refused without appeal so send a pap !!

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:06 am

Hi Everyone
Good News, granted my ILR LR after my appeal allowed by First Tier Tribunal on 7th of June. I received my approval letter, BRP and passport yesterday.
The surprise was no argument at all in my case, Home Office withdrawn their original desicion, presenting officer said in front of judge they withdraw appeal and withdraw original desicion and again reconsider my application.
8th of June I received letter from court that Home office withdrawn appeal, yesterday I recieved approval letter BRP and my Passport.
Thanks everyone !

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 am

Hi gbptier1general
Thank you very much for your positive and energetic reply. I got my ILR LR.

Thanks
gbptier1general wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:57 am
CR001 wrote:
kavikkdi wrote:

We will see the outcome.
Thanks

Hi kavikkdi ,
As per my Good knowledge u will probably get 30-Month Visa whr u need to cross 6-7Yys further to gain Next ILR/LR[7-Yrs legal stay ] NOT "10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas)" as CR001 advised.
As CR001 said only Likely.
But I am sensing it is more likely to 6/7Yr LR which HO may highlight in ur Visa Approval letter provided ur Barrister does a Strong& confident JOB.[Out of Immigration Rules]
If HO gives u within Immigration rules then out come falls to 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas).
Good Luck!!!
Just BE confident & GoodSmart....Either way u r winning with Visa granted!
Pls keep updates to us&get updated too!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:20 am

kavikkdi wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 am
Hi gbptier1general

Thanks
User 'gbptier1general' is no longer a member of the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kavikkdi

Post by kavikkdi » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:49 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:20 am
kavikkdi wrote:
Hi gbptier1general

Thanks
Thanks !

Sunny024
India

Post by Sunny024 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:49 pm

kavikkdi wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:49 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:20 am
kavikkdi wrote:
Hi gbptier1general

Thanks
Thanks !
Congrats
You are lucky as you got it even though similar case like yours was reported in UT and COA ,NOT SURE WHY HO argued on basis of Ahmad case in UT
Can you post the UT judgement please ,COA recently refused appeal for overstayers relying on 39e and 276b(v).