ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how do i prove continuous residency for 26 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beilun
Newly Registered
China

how do i prove continuous residency for 26 years

Post by beilun » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 pm

I have been give ILR since 1998. My passport is expired, so I need to renew my passport and get a new BRP.
On the application form, it requires evidences of continuous residency for every year in UK. How can I do that? for 26 years? I can get the letters from the bank manager or my GP, but i don't think they can go back for 26 years!

BTW, I am spouse of British citizen.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: how do i prove continuous residency for 26 years

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 am

There is no need to go back 26 years. You can use Tenancy agreements, employment contracts, mortgage papers, council tax, GP letter, etc
I suggest to provide at least few years of evidence. Also remember that as you have a sticker in your passport, HO will not demand you to show much evidence. If they find your records and check your absences, your will be given a BRP.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

beilun
Newly Registered
China

Post by beilun » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:58 am

Many thanks for your response! :)

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:05 pm

I went to the appointment yesterday and I asked the staff in the center will they scan all the passport page if the person already has ILR for 20 years? He said they will only scan the current one. I have two passports (expired and current) since I have granted ILR. The staff only scan the ILR vignettes in the expired passport, even the current one he did not scan all page.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 am

Zimba wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 am
There is no need to go back 26 years. You can use Tenancy agreements, employment contracts, mortgage papers, council tax, GP letter, etc
I suggest to provide at least few years of evidence. Also remember that as you have a sticker in your passport, HO will not demand you to show much evidence. If they find your records and check your absences, your will be given a BRP.
Since Windrush kicked in they use / have ready access to HMRC records. So that is a primary source for the HO to establish continued residency as well.