ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

PR Application

Post by Hugos » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:52 pm

My apologies if this query has been dealt with previously , going by the current timelines, can I please ask if there's anyone whose PR application is now 2 months old ?

Mine happens to be a post ROR Application and has just touched the 2 months timeline.

Comments and suggestions welcomed

Romy88
Ukraine

Re: PR Application

Post by Romy88 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi Hugos

Have you had biometric done and COA received? If so you just have to wait. It looks like applications based on retained rights to reside are taking longer (2-4 months average) even despite on a speedy process in general due to uncertancy of Brexit. And quick issuing residency card is rather an exeption for this category and only if the application is straightforward. I used to read good article that under this category the applications 1. Considering to be complex cases. 2. Complicated and should be treated under its own merit. 3. Taking longer than usual. Also this category is under PM exeptions department.

Kind regards

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:45 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:18 pm
Hi Hugos

Have you had biometric done and COA received? If so you just have to wait. It looks like applications based on retained rights to reside are taking longer (2-4 months average) even despite on a speedy process in general due to uncertancy of Brexit. And quick issuing residency card is rather an exeption for this category and only if the application is straightforward. I used to read good article that under this category the applications 1. Considering to be complex cases. 2. Complicated and should be treated under its own merit. 3. Taking longer than usual. Also this category is under PM exeptions department.

Kind regards

Thanks for your response , the wait is just brain draining.
by the way, whats PM exception department ?

kind regards
Hugos

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:05 pm

You are welcome. We are in the same boat. I applied nearly 7 weeks ago under this category.

"the wait is just brain draining" - I know how it feels. Before I applied never thought that I will be panicing and checking the timeline every single day for several times and waiting for post so desperately :)

PM Exeptions mentioned you will find on your COA letter after signature. I guess that this category is outside of European Law or something like this.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:22 pm

@Romy88

Oh ok, thanks ,its just that my garment of patience is at the verge of tearing apart. :D

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Hi Hugos

Completely understand... What I did. I asked my employer to check on a website regarding my right to work based on my COA. I explained to him that there is small chance to see if my case is decided or not. At least I expect the answer from HO like this peson is allowed to work while their application is under consideration. So hopefully next week I will get response from HO (they aim to reply in 5 days).

Aslo I check my bank account every single day to see if there is any refund from HO. I know it sounds weird but at least this is something. Also when I sent my documents to the HO I supplied special delivery return envelope with the tracking number given so I can now track my delivery from HO.

As British people like to say: stay calm :D

Tatiaos
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mexico

Post by Tatiaos » Sat May 04, 2019 7:32 am

Hi,

Are you received any news?
I applied the last 26th of February and I’ve got the letter on March 14th. Since then I haven’t received any news from HO. I’m getting crazy as I never expected that it will take this long. Hope everything is going well.

Regards