ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Personal Loan for Maintenance requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijithkumar
Newly Registered

Personal Loan for Maintenance requirement

Post by vijithkumar » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:17 am

Dear all,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 from India.

For maintenance requirement which requires 2800 £ I am planning to take a personal loan and maintain the same for three months in my account.

After three months I would file my application.

Does VFS / BHC accept the application if the source of fund for maintenance funds is Personal Loan?

Thanks & Regards,
Vijith

vijithkumar
Newly Registered

Help Please

Post by vijithkumar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Anybody with any suggestion on the above Query?

Plz ....

Thanks & Regards,
Vijith

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Please search the forum for information already available on the forum. The lack of response could be because not many people have tried this route / option.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

imran99132

Post by imran99132 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:58 pm

It is a bit tricky option because maintenance requirement means you have that much money avavilable to you to support you but in case, money is a loan the chances for your application getting approved would be very little(almost nil). The homeoffice can argue that you don't have the financial status to be approved for Tier 1. Is it necessary to show that it is a personal loan? Cann't you show that the money is from some different source(gift from father etc) other than loan?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:24 pm

vijith,
if you are going to maintain the loan amount in your bank account for 3 months and then submit a statement for those 3 months to vfs... how will they know whether the money has come from a loan or gift or salary? i think you can do that... seniors any suggestions?

vijithkumar
Newly Registered

Post by vijithkumar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:45 am

sushdmehta,
I tried searching the forum but the replies were related to HSMP and not Tier 1 ..... Thanks

hsmp1412,imran99132
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I guess now the only way out is to cover up the loan amount and claim as gift.

Just one more Q as hsmp1412 has suggested if I show them bank statements for 3 months VFS will not come to know that I had taken a loan .. but dont we need to show the source of funds while filing the application?

Thanks & Regards,
Vijith