ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPouse Visa ORiginal Documentation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajya
Newly Registered
India

SPouse Visa ORiginal Documentation

Post by Rajya » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:08 am

Hi,
I have applied for UK wife settlement visa from India on 12 March 2019.
Opted for priority service.
At the VFS my documents were scanned by VFS.
They returned back original documents back to me.

However, when asked about posting of original documents to Sheffield, UK, I was told it's not required.

There has been no indication via sms or email as to what's happening with the application.

I checked VFS website and it states that I or my husband need to send original documents to Sheffield, UK.

See link below,
https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/vacs/ ... -documents

Settlement Applications
International Operations and Visas
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX

Can anyone let me know if I have to submit the originals to Sheffield, UK?

Is it too late to submit ?

If anyone has been through this process, around he same time or earlier, please let me know if I have done something wrong by not posting original documents to Sheffield, UK?

The stress and anxiety is bothering me as VFS official said something which the site is contradicting.

Please help.

Regards

Rajya

Rajya
Newly Registered
India

Re: SPouse Visa ORiginal Documentation

Post by Rajya » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:21 am

On reading further, I found this link,

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... g-with-you

If you applied through Visa4uk, bring your original supporting documents and you can use our Document Scanning Assistance Service at the Visa Application Centre.

You will not be able to submit further documents once your application has been submitted at the Visa Application Centres.

If you are applying for a settlement visa, your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK for a fee of £75 inclusive of taxes per application payable in cash or with a debit card. If you do not want to submit any documents as part of your visa application, please upload your checklist or a blank document. If nothing is uploaded, you will automatically be charged the assisted scan fee.

Your sponsor or an agent can submit documents at any of the following locations in the UK.

From 01 March 2019
London: 66 Wilson Street, London, EC2A 2BT

This is again causing lots of confusion.

Folks any inputs from you would be valuable this time.....

dannyb1982
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by dannyb1982 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi! I'm also confused about this and kind find an answer anywhere. We have uploaded ALL of our supporting documents but are worried because I always thought they need originals. Can't get a clear answer from UKVI on this.I am thinking of going in person to the London VFS Global office. Did you get an answer about what your next steps are?

wagawama
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wagawama » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 pm

dannyb1982 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:45 pm
Hi! I'm also confused about this and kind find an answer anywhere. We have uploaded ALL of our supporting documents but are worried because I always thought they need originals. Can't get a clear answer from UKVI on this.I am thinking of going in person to the London VFS Global office. Did you get an answer about what your next steps are?
Did you ever resolve this? VFS website is broken and I can't upload my own documents, so looking at alternative (spouse bringing photocopies of originals to biometrics overseas or sponsor bringing photocopies to local VFS centre in UK)